Question and a request for help

Thread: Question and a request for help

Question and a request for help

Does anyone know where I can get the Abacus General Aviation Collection 1-3 and Cessna Skycatcher for FS9? As far as hell goes, I purchased FSDreamteam’s KLAS but now I can’t get it installed into my FS9 for the life of me. I tried to ask support but I think I irritated Umberto because he stopped responding to me after I kept running into trouble installing. I want to install it to my external HD and even when I select that, it keeps installing to my C: drive instead even though I swore I gave it the correct path to follow. I’d really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Hi JR,
    Unfortunately when you installed Fs9 originally in your C drive it made an OS registry entry, which the add-on installations are using that info to install.

If you don't have a C drive Fs9 version, then I would imagine that when the add-ons install to the C drive location they make it's own folders etc? If so just copy and paste those files and folders into the same locations in your external drive Fs9 installation, and you should be good to go. These days you almost certainly don't need the disc for accessing any info whilst flying the ac, so it doesn't matter where the ac files/folders are.

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks guys. Shessi, my apologies as I should’ve been more clear. My problem isn’t just installing the scenery but because it default installs to my C: drive and all my FS9 is on my external HD, I’m also having issues with the activation. I enter the serial I was provided and nothing happens. I’d like to get it sorted but I’m so confused. Should I just host a remote session to have someone help? I don’t know what to do.

Hi JR.
    I remember I had a hard nut to crack considering activation FSDream(or Nightmare..)teams KLAX v2 scenery. Over and over nothing happen (only trial mode..) when I tried activation in the "Addon Manager" inside Fs9. It turned out that since 2017, FSDT had started to use the new "Live Update" system. "The FSX/P3D version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required anymore". We Fs9 users need to download this version of Addon Manager found at this link: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html This should resolve the problem with activating FSDreamteam KLAX scenery

Cheers
    daypharris
    Dag :-)

on flight 1 website there's a free registry utility that can correct that default C drive issue;

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

ttfn

Pete

So do I install from the add on manager or the exe?

The FS9 addon manager goes to a Not Found page

Addon Manager Fs9

Hi JR, I've sent you a PM.
    Hopefully you can download from dropbox link...

daypharris

The stand-alone Addon Manager for Fs9 is back!! I have no issues hitting the download-tab "FS9 Version here" ... Link: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

daypharris

Thanks to everyone who responded, I followed each bit of advice and link and now all is sorted. You are the best. Much love, respect, and regards, Jeremy

I'm having a slightly similar problem.
    I've bought a second hand Just Flight VFR Photographic Scenery set.
    Each time I try to install it into my Fs9 set up(running XP on a separate drive) I get this error,

0x80040702 failed to load dll.FSTYPE

I've run a registry clean,bad files sector scan and repair,tried to install in safe mode,but I'm still getting the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    I'm having a slightly similar problem.
    I've bought a second hand Just Flight VFR Photographic Scenery set.
    Each time I try to install it into my Fs9 set up(running XP on a separate drive) I get this error,

0x80040702 failed to load dll.FSTYPE

I've run a registry clean,bad files sector scan and repair,tried to install in safe mode,but I'm still getting the error.
    Are you running XP as a standalone , or do you have a dual boot thing going on?

If you Google that error code you'll get a couple of pointers.. one cause of which is a disabled remote procedure call .. something Microsoft did with some update or other ( like the one that killed the fs9 install)

Ttfn

Pete

Hiya Pete,
    the D drive (which is XP) is a storage drive and runner drive just for Fs9,it runs no other programs except Fs9
    and it's associated stuff.

The main is,as usual,the C drive running Win 7.
    Stuff usually loads through the C to the D for Fs9 components.

OK then , try creating a 'dummy' fs9/ fs2004folder in the default location on C drive, copy only the fs9.exe in there,
    And see if the scenery will install there ( it will create any other folders it needs. Once (if) installed simply cut and paste to your D drive location

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    OK then , try creating a 'dummy' fs9/ fs2004folder in the default location on C drive, copy only the fs9.exe in there,
    And see if the scenery will install there ( it will create any other folders it needs. Once (if) installed simply cut and paste to your D drive location

Ttfn

Pete
    Cracked it Pete.

Just Flight have a natty little programme called "SecDRV".
    Run it in the background while you install and it clears their security/anti piracy through any thing
    post Win XP upto Windows 8.1.
    Apparently after XP, Microsoft removed the bit of programme they had that did it automatically for you.
    Get it here:
    https://support.justflight.com/suppo...and-windows-10

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    Cracked it Pete.

Just Flight have a natty little programme called "SecDRV".
    Run it in the background while you install and it clears their security/anti piracy through any thing
    post Win XP upto Windows 8.1.
    Apparently after XP, Microsoft removed the bit of programme they had that did it automatically for you.
    Get it here:
    https://support.justflight.com/suppo...and-windows-10
    Yes microsoft killed safedisc being all big brother

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0