Padlock View

Thread: Padlock View

Icon5 Padlock View

Anyone know if it is possible and how to change the padlock view, so that the view does not deselect and return to the center after the downed enemy plane crashes to the ground? This happens in Wings over the reich and I find it very interesting. I would like to do the same with CFS3, BoB, ETO, etc...

Hmm no idea but it sounds like a nice addition

Mick

guys, no one knows how to change the padlock to the WoTR way? I keep looking... in my searches I went to the configoverrides.xml file in the appdata/roaming folder and found the aircraftmodels scale maxdim information in 1024. I changed it to 2048 and noticed an improvement in the quality of my aircraft in the simulator. could someone test this?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Changed mine to 4096 in the cofig settings and noticed a vast improvement with newer aircraft in CFS3.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by abitar View Post
    guys, no one knows how to change the padlock to the WoTR way? I keep looking... in my searches I went to the configoverrides.xml file in the appdata/roaming folder and found the aircraftmodels scale maxdim information in 1024. I changed it to 2048 and noticed an improvement in the quality of my aircraft in the simulator. could someone test this?
    If such an entry existed for cfs3 it would be in the AppData/ViewUI.xml (specific to the install). There is a brief SDK which you can find in the stickies here, which will give you a start int what the ViewUI is all about. After the odd bits I've found trawling temp .dmp files, I'd even try a few plausible entries in the ViewUI if there isn't anything already there to adjust!

David, what are these temp .dmp files and how do you view them?

Also, glad to see you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    If such an entry existed for cfs3 it would be in the AppData/ViewUI.xml (specific to the install). There is a brief SDK which you can find in the stickies here, which will give you a start int what the ViewUI is all about. After the odd bits I've found trawling temp .dmp files, I'd even try a few plausible entries in the ViewUI if there isn't anything already there to adjust!
    Thanks Daiwilletti for the tip but after a lot of searching and testing I can't find how not to unlink the padlock view when the enemy explodes on the ground, a shame because it makes all the difference flying in WOTR.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    David, what are these temp .dmp files and how do you view them?

Also, glad to see you back!
    Hi Daniel, I'm sure we've talked about this before! I sent you a cleaned-up version of one of the files - winnowed a few 100kb of useable txt from megabytes of hieroglyphics. All in an AppData Temp folder, editable with notepad. I think you've had far too much work on if you've forgotten...

At this point I feel like I've forgotten more than I currently know! I'll have to look through and see if I can find it.

Members who have read this thread: 1