C-47 for MSFS?

Thread: C-47 for MSFS?

C-47 for MSFS?

In casting around for any news re the Title, I stumbled into the Wingwalkers.org site & found a thread that included this quote from M. Jahn with respect to the unauthorized port over of his FSX C-47 into MSFS.

"I have now stopped modeling for good, not least because of this affair, but it may be a consolation for MSFSers to know that I and Jan (Visser) have passed the source files on to a developer at Sim Outhouse, so a native MSFS version is still a possibility, in the foreseeable future, though sadly it will be without my input."

This was on September 28, 2020 & I wonder if someone within Sim-Outhouse has picked up the baton & is working on the C-47?
    T43

Well...this isn't a direct response to activity on the Jahn aircraft, but I did pose a question to baz re: AH's plans to release the AH C-47 in MSFS. Apparently the initial MSFS release from AH will be the DC-3 only...then they will consider doing the C-47. Personally, I like both...so I'll be buying...whatever they decide.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Well...this isn't a direct response to activity on the Jahn aircraft, but I did pose a question to baz re: AH's plans to release the AH C-47 in MSFS. Apparently the initial MSFS release from AH will be the DC-3 only...then they will consider doing the C-47. Personally, I like both...so I'll be buying...whatever they decide.

Kent
    I have seen various articles on the AH. Have you any insight as to rough release timing??
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I have seen various articles on the AH. Have you any insight as to rough release timing??
    T43
    No any deadline yet. You'd better not hurry him for doing the best model of very well known DC-3/C-47.
    It will be when its ready, personally I can wait .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    T43
    No idea on release date.

Kent

This year if it kills me. And it probably will...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    That is the best news I have heard in a very very long time.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

You'll get a C-47 fly over at the funeral if you get the C-47 out 1st,
    T43

Was watching the AvAngel YouTube review of the AH Lockheed Electra 10 A & right at the end she had some comments about the forthcoming AH DC-3 that were interesting.
    How much credence do AvAngel reviews have in the world of YouTube MSFS reviewers?
    T43

No credence whatsoever with me. She has, yet again, tried to review something without properly understanding the model or how it is made, how the coding is put together. She is wrong on so many counts, the "review" if that's what one can call it, is just reduced to a personal opinion. She has not contacted us, which other reviews have done, to discuss "issues" she has with the package but rather blindly ploughed on making erroneous remarks. An example of the errors: She draws attention to a "fault" in the glass modeling of the side window in the cockpit. Had she done due research or God forbid, asked us, she would have know that the Electra has two panes of glass there, one that slides in real life (we have not animated it) and that is the leading edge of the outer pane. There are many more wild assumptions, like the reference to this being an FSX port. Wrong. Wrong.Wrong.

So no, we do not regard her as a credible reviewer. Others are more credible and do make the effort to speak with us.

Buying off the opinions of these people is not recommended. That is why we have a refund policy which takes the risk out of purchasing anyway.

[QUOTE=bazzar;1272960]No credence whatsoever with me. She has, yet again, tried to review something without properly understanding the model or how it is made, how the coding is put together. She is wrong on so many counts, the "review" if that's what one can call it, is just reduced to a personal opinion.

I'll take that as a 'No'
    Is there any way you can get some redress for her misleading opinions?
    & are there a couple of reviewers who give you a fair go?
    T43

Well, there is little point in spending a lot of time on these things. We've been doing this stuff for long enough now that a lot of it is water off a duck's back to be honest. We have faith in our abilities and are always proud of what we do. We have a set plan that has not changed in 22 years and we ain't going to change it now.

We know we can't please everyone but when we look at the figures, we are obviously pleasing quite a few. And that is good enough for us.

There are many more wild assumptions, like the reference to this being an FSX port. Wrong. Wrong.Wrong.
    I mean, the sounds certainly are. Or at the very least, they are in a format designed for FSX, which for all intents and purposes is the exact same thing.

Also, what is a review but someones personal opinion? An objective review is impossible, everyone is going to have their own preferences and biases and experiences that form their own opinion.

I also don't think it's the responsibility of the customer to understand how a model is made or how the coding works, etc. It's the end product we care about as that is what we are paying for. And it's the end product AvAngel reviewed.

Members who have read this thread: 0