The electr-a-fying Electra released for MSFS. 9-29-21 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The electr-a-fying Electra released for MSFS. 9-29-21

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDra View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in you JK......why do you not already have 15 liveries of her on flightism.to yet?
    cos I'm working on the P-38..oh wait, the JU-52...eeeh, the Seahawk... aargh!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I enjoyed my first flight overall, but I have some misgivings about this addon. The sounds are one of them. They sound quite last-gen. I know there's a chance they'll get updated, I hope it becomes a reality.

Otherwise, I'm very confused about several INOP elements that are blamed on SU5.

• Tail wheel lock INOP. The Corsair has a working tail wheel lock. So does the MilViz Porter. Maybe MilViz is the only one who knows the secret?
    • DME INOP. Since when did SU5 break DME? I have several aircraft with working DME, including third party.
    • Limitations on the Sperry seem fuzzy... again things are just blamed on the core sim in ways that we're supposed to trust, but the two above do not seem to be honest explanations.

It sounds to me that SU5 broke some things during development and rather than fix them, the addon was shipped in this state on top of the sounds being deemed "good enough." I'm trying not to be negative here because I do like other aspects of the addon, but for this price point I hoped for more. Opening windows would have also been nice (as well as getting rid of the weird flickering contact point between the pants of glass), but I imagine opening the windows would reveal a lack of sound attenuation. I know I'll take some heat for saying this but ~$20 would have been a much fairer asking price. Adding some sunbeams because I know this all sounds like a gripe: I have no real reason not to trust AH to improve this. I just hope they do, because the Electra is so worth the attention, and I absolutely thank AH for bringing it to MSFS in the first place.
    Last edited by LostPilot; September 30th, 2021 at 08:40.

jk8505 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8517 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8509 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8532 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Very smart Jan.

here's another one for you guys downunder then:
    jk8601 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8583 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8593 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Baz, I noticed some distortions around the Lockheed logo on the left tail. Should you come with an update, maybe you can look at that as well?

Can you show me Jan? We don't use the logo on the package for legal reasons.

jk8752 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8761 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8771 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8765 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8778 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8781 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8784 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8796 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I just completed my first flight in the Electra and I must stay its very nice. One thing I could not figure out though, using the modern avionics I could not get the NAV button to work on the autopilot, is there something special I need to do to activate that?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

We are currently producing a Service Upgrade for the Electra which will address a few issues with the autopilot. Should be available this week.

Can you provide any sort of readout of what else is planned for that service upgrade, Bazzar?

I saw the sliding side windows mentioned, now some aspects of the AP, but is there anything else we can know in advance?
    I have flown this model 10 of yours for years going back to FSX and am very happy to have it again in MSFS - thank you
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Apart from fixing bugs, our focus has been the operation of the Sperry. We are discontinuing the modern avionics as the response has been somewhat underwhelming on that component. It was also interfering with the Sperry.

We need to point out that the Sperry Gyropilot is NOT and autopilot. You will find the Sperry system in the DC-3 when that arrives and we take special care to make sure people understand exactly what a Sperry is and what it does. It was a first real attempt at providing some degree of automation in the aeroplane to maintain a heading, height and when necessary a climb or descent attitude. The top compass cylinder is really just a desired heading indicator. You turn that to select the next heading you want. The Sperry does and should not follow the desired heading like a modern autopilot would. That is the job of the pilot who, when it is time to turn, disconnects the Sperry, turns the aeroplane until the gyro (bottom) cylinder matches the desired heading (top) cylinder reading and then re-instates the Sperry.

Lots of other stuff which we will put into a changelog.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Apart from fixing bugs, our focus has been the operation of the Sperry. We are discontinuing the modern avionics as the response has been somewhat underwhelming on that component. It was also interfering with the Sperry.
    Well that is disappointing, the fact that it had the modern avionics options was a factor in my decision to purchased it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

As we're still working on the update, Joe, probably best to wait and see.

Well for my part the Sperry system is the one I prefer. Period accurate or a close approximation is just what I like in any aircraft.
    Thanks for the information Baz. Looking forward to the update
    enter..the Sandman

We're hoping so. Lots of projects on.

We're hoping so. Lots of projects on.
    Chipmunk by any chance?

Yep, it's on the line..

Yep, it's on the line..
    Great! Looking forward to it.

quick thanks to AH for the Electra update today- much appreciate the work you all put in.

https://youtu.be/CcRn5fYaWnM
    enter..the Sandman

You're welcome. Like all our stuff, she gets better with age

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    quick thanks to AH for the Electra update today- much appreciate the work you all put in.

I've had a look at JF & Orbx, it's not clear if the update has reached them yet.
    Is there a 'Change Log' anywhere?
    Thanks
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post

Very helpful video.
    Off to AH to pick it up.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 1