The electr-a-fying Electra released for MSFS. 9-29-21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The electr-a-fying Electra released for MSFS. 9-29-21

The electr-a-fying Electra released for MSFS. 9-29-21

Hello All

So for the people that dont do the facebook thing we have recently announced a new aeroplane to join the ever increasing MSFS hangar here at AH.

The Electra 10 A for MSFS is rounding the corner and will be released very soon. Here are some shots from the Facebook. Our site will be updated in the next day or so with a preview page with more shots , video and a manual for you to look through before delivery .

Mod Edit - purchase page: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_electra.php

As always stay safe and happy flying.
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; September 29th, 2021 at 21:16. Reason: Updated Status

Oh yes! Bring it on!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

What a news! Nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't do many instant, day-one buys these days... but this will be one.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I'm glad to see y'all getting lots of development practice in as you work towards bringing the C-46, C-119, and Helldiver to MSFS. <grin>

And the F3F-2, of course. That's your masterpiece!

I'll of course buy the Electra and have fun with it in order to help fund those developments! It looks fantastic.

Should give all the GPS haters one less thing to complain about!

fantastic, another Lockheed legend!

- dcc
    - -

Wonderful! But please, oh please, bring your C-46 to that ever burgeoning Aeroplane Heaven MSFS hangar!

For those that dont follow us on facebook or youtube heres some of the news from today.

We have released the dedicated electra web page found here

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_electra.php

There's a manual to download should you want to get to grips with the Electra early and a lot more screenshots.

We also have made a youtube video introducing the Electra and doing a quick start and fly around. We took the comments on board that we received on our commentary previously and this time have left the running commentary going. Obvious mistakes and insane australian birds were cut but its more of a warts and all commentary. We think it works.

Thanks for watching.

Very cool!

And don't let my earlier post imply I'm not excited about the Electra! Just having a lot of your awesome planes on earlier sims I want them all!

But in the meantime, can't wait to fly this. Looks awesome.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

that was quick!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    that was quick!
    Sorry Im not sure, now I see the price is 0 and you cannot buy thread at this store (this buy button doesnt work), you still have to wait for simmarket or PC Aviator if you are from Europe.

The buy button says "$oon," so we'll still have to wait patiently - if possible...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Ok I need to talk to my bank about securing a line of credit to support my addon addiction, because as with the Ju-52... I cannot possibly NOT buy this lol.

The feature set lists "legacy sound". What does that mean?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    "The sound set uses legacy files.
    Although these sounds are authentic P&W engine sounds, we MAY be upgrading to a WWise soundpack at a later date."

It means they are using loose .wav files and probably have a higher likelihood of a few issues: Audible looping, jarring transitions between files, etc. It's not a deal breaker for me but it's very amusing that they list this in a section called "Innovative features"

Technically, it is just under "Features". However, we are happy with the soundset but may change to full WWise later if all goes well enough.

We are proud to announce the release of the Electra 10 A for MSFS. Please note we are based in Australia where the sun is hot , the beer is cold and the internet is very slow. We will update our buy now page with the other vendors as soon as the uploads eventually get stored and they are put into the various shops .

You can right now buy from our shop both on here or from our site.

We kindly ask that if you require assistance and/or support please email us at help@aeroplaneheaven.com

Happy Flying

Now we're talkin! What a beauty!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    There are two ways to produce sounds for MSFS. The first is to use the previous P3D/FSX style of production which is called "Legacy" the other is to use a new system called WWise which Asobo have introduced with MSFS. Currently, there is a wave of enthusiasm for WWise mainly I think, because it is a new shiny thing. We are quite happy with the current sound set but may change later to the new one. WWise sets are notoriously complex and very expensive things to produce so we have to see how she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Technically, it is just under "Features". However, we are happy with the soundset but may change to full WWise later if all goes well enough.
    Totally fair bazzar. Now, I'm off to go fly an Electra, legacy sounds are probably the last thing I'd use as a reason not to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Totally fair bazzar. Now, I'm off to go fly an Electra, legacy sounds are probably the last thing I'd use as a reason not to get it!
    Good for you mate. And thanks, the children will have shoes....

Dang nice model! Looks and flies nice!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    that was quick!
    I'm pretty disappointed in you JK......why do you not already have 15 liveries of her on flightism.to yet?

$40 CAD and lacking basic features like a native sound package? This sort of thing was acceptable when the sim was first released but that is a deal breaker for me at that price point. Hopefully that will be addressed in a future update, I enjoyed the sound package included in the Spitfire but even that was missing basic features like a soundai package, which left the Spitfire completely silent while flying with friends in multiplayer.

The wave of enthusiasm for Wwise is because it is objectively better than the legacy sound and allows for a much more immersive experience, not simply because it's new.

Members who have read this thread: 2