AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Purchase:....
    I have this addon and I recommend it for 110%! Many animations, interesting places and new adventures in MSFS. I was big fan of this addon for FSX/P3D too so it was "must to have" for me too.
    Just notice that its only Vol1, not like for FSX/P3D near the whole continent. The price is good also.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I have this addon and I recommend it for 110%! Many animations, interesting places and new adventures in MSFS. I was big fan of this addon for FSX/P3D too so it was "must to have" for me too.Just notice that its only Vol1, not like for FSX/P3D near the whole continent. The price is good also.
    Future add on's will include thousands of dancing penguins.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Downloaded. It's very nice. Tiling of surface textures is evident in default areas. Animations and sounds are fun. No hard deck on the research ship for landing helicoptors. No wake effects. Yet to see whales, sea lions and seaguls are missing entirely. MSFS has bird flock animations so that is strange. So Aerosoft could really make this very special if they wanted. I understand from the scientists at the station, that penguin pee is an ingredient of Guinness.

With a great soundtrack by Queen?

No Twin Otter yet? No problem ....if you will need RED Antarctica skin .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No Twin Otter yet? No problem ....if you will need RED Antarctica skin .
    A lot of the land textures around Antarctica seem very FSX. Not up to MSFS standards we have seen.

A lot of the land textures around Antarctica seem very FSX. Not up to MSFS standards we have seen.
    Right, the scenery from Aerosoft has very nice textures with good resolution but the rest (native of MSFS) have worse resolution than the rest part of the World from MSFS, they also have a problem with sharpening, it works worse than elsewhere.
    I hope that one World update will bring better textures and quality.

Does this scenery work for anyone?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Not the best time to release this add-on, with World Update 13 around the corner including Antarctica, is it?

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/03/22/mi...nd-antarctica/

Stearman, note the date in which this thread was started (September 2021).

I have had this product since it was released, and I just tested it today for the first time since Sim Update 12, and yeah there are some glaring issues with it now. I know SU12 has made changes to Antarctica, making this addon no longer compatible in its current state, and there will be more changes to Antarctica with World Update 13 being released soon (which I expect will supersede the need for having the Aerosoft addon installed).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Stearman, note the date in which this thread was started (September 2021).
    Oops, hadn't noticed it was an old subject recovered. Thanks for pointing out.

There's a nice repaint for the AN2 of this bird over at Flightsim.to It should work nicely for World Update 13... http://basilzolotov.com/side-views/antonov-an-2/

Hopefully Aerosoft will update the add-on after the next World Update so it enhances whatever Asobo and partners do.

Members who have read this thread: 0