ASV Radar Aerials part 1 UT

Thread: ASV Radar Aerials part 1 UT

ASV Radar Aerials part 1 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other - Weapon packs

Description: ASV Aerials part1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of Allied ASV aerials, compiled as weapon bgls, so they can be added via the aircraft dp.

This is a simple reworking of Wolfi's TBF radar aerials.

ASB_Aerials
    ===========
    The "ASB" radar was a small antenna arrangement suitable for smaller, carrier based aircraft. This aerials were common fit for mid/latewar SBDs & TBFs. They use Wolfi's ASB radars from his TBF, recoloured & tweaked for use on a variety of SBD-5 models. They will also be found on Douglas A24Bs, & British Tarpon/Avenger models.

Note: Wolfi's TBFs already have these modelled, so do not require this payload adding.

PBY_Aerials
    ===========
    I've created the fuselage mounted LRASV search antenna arrangement seen on RAF/RAAF Catalina's late '41 & through '42

I've also stripped out the wing-mounted ASV yagis from Shessi reworked Alphasim PBY so it can be added to those aircraft where it's not already modelled (eg Catalina mkI, & PBY-5). Again I've tweaked & recoloured, giving options to fit black aerials to Blackcats etc.

I've labelled this as a part 1 as I can see this approach being useful for aircraft other than those I've already included in this pack. I'll upload any supplementary work in subsequent parts ...

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Wolfi for developing an excellent multi-LOD Avenger, & all of his other object & aircraft projects.
    Shessi for his undoubted skill in bringing us a wide variety of aircraft for use in this old sim.
    Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX & FXeditor, such clever & versatile tools

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    SEP 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ASV Radar Aerials part 1 UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi UncleTgt
    Great addition to add to the realism of these aircraft.
    Your idea to add them as dp's is really good.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 0