Cause I could!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cause I could!

Cause I could!

Took myself out for a run around the back roads as it was top down weather and found a few newly posted signs.
    Bad idea Vic Roads........a Red Rag to a Bull.

Reduce speed to 80K???? Joking.

I don't think so with all those twisty bits to fang around!

Lurking in the grass.......to quote Ted E Bear, "Coz I can".
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

My Miata is much older, but still the most fun car I have ever owned. 38k miles on it. Every time I drove it is like the first time. It's my baby.

This picture is not of my actual car, but it is identical in all respects, color and condition. NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	84410
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _content.jpg  

Beautiful shots Wombat666! I'm not familiar with your car. What is it? I take mine out for a spin every Sunday morning.

Greenhouse357

Mazda MX5 ND Greenhouse.
    Tiny but perfectly formed.
    Despite owning a restored Porsche and a replica GT40 I bought this as a daily driver as my wife was getting really grumpy at me collecting speeding fines in her BMW.............
    Trouble with owning exotic cars is the concern of driving in every day traffic, the 911 is (now) worth too much to mix it with (badly driven) crew cab trucks and SUV barges.
    The GT40 was built up from a kit and I've finally tuned her up to the point where she is not exactly user friendly in traffic, plus the Federales are attracted to it like flies to doggy doo!
    Good looking Mustang there, I just worked out that the engine is 2.5 times the capacity of the MX5!

Chief, nice looking MX5, could not agree more on the fun factor.
    My wife's first reaction....."How old are you? Seven?", now she pesters me for the keys when we get a sunny day.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Looking forward to when I can press my go peddle a little harder, as still running in. Only another 120 miles to go, but with everybody panic buying fuel in the UK will have to be go easy.

You have a very nice collection of cars there, Wombat. There is a lot of Miatas like Chief's around here, but I've never seen one like yours. Very nice lines indeed!
    I used to show the car every weekend at shows for years but covid shut most of them down. And like you, I only drive it now on Sunday mornings to avoid the extremely bad traffic and idiot drivers. I've always said, if you try to have something nice, someones going to take it away from you...
    Keep taking those great shots! I love seeing what its like down under.
    Greenhouse357

Ok Noddy, forgive my ignorance, what the heck is that? It's very cool! I just heard yesterday about the fuel problem in the UK. Unreal!
    Greenhouse357

Hi Greenhouse,

It is the Toyota Gazoo Racing Yaris, 260BHP, AWD and is the homologation required by the WRC so that Toyota can enter.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-to...y-championship

Limited numbers and a 2 year waiting list, UK and Europe have gone made for them.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/world-of-to...aris/build-buy

Wow Noddy, haven't seen any of those around here either. Very nice!
    Greenhouse357

I had to show this to make Wombat cringe lol (I'm a good driver though). This is my daily driver, still a bit of an old redneck at heart.

Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Looking forward to when I can press my go peddle a little harder, as still running in. Only another 120 miles to go, but with everybody panic buying fuel in the UK will have to be go easy.
    What a little road rocket Noddy!!!!!
    Don't stamp on the go pedal too hard, it can get expensive.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Some nice cars and photos here!

Here's my daily driver; nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and there's plenty of space in the back for a large wheelchair.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Another great looking car that we don't get in the U.S.

Looking forward to when I can press my go peddle a little harder, as still running in. Only another 120 miles to go, but with everybody panic buying fuel in the UK will have to be go easy.[/QUOTE]

Greenhouse357, why I worry about 'trucks', especially the ones sold as 'Family Fun Vehicles' driven by Soccer Mums!

Just be glad you're not driving an MG Midget!

I fully understand Wombat!
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Greenhouse357, why I worry about 'trucks', especially the ones sold as 'Family Fun Vehicles' driven by Soccer Mums!

Which is exactly why I NEVER park between two cars when I drive my Miata. I always ALWAYS park in a end spot, as close to a curb as possible. As long as I can still walk ok, I don't care if the parking spot is a block away. I don't give them a chance to bang up against my baby! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    Just be glad you're not driving an MG Midget!
    I learned to drive a stick shift in a 1963 Midget, way back in 1969. My sister's boyfriend owned it. He would ask me if I wanted to go get gas for his car, and of course I said YES! So he'd give me the keys, and off I'd go. He had alterior motives, of course, wanting to have "alone" time with my sister. NC

I learned to drive on my sister's '59 Renault Dauphine. 3 speed and NO synchro-mesh. Crunch them gears.

Name:	download.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	84466
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

What kind of van is that Ferry? MrZippy, no offence, but that's almost as ugly as the Nash Metropolitan my Dad had restored and I had to drive to school when I was 16. And no, never got a date in it lol.
    Greenhouse357

Name:	1953 Aero Falcon.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	84471
    I have most beat re: time frame and obscurity. In 1959 at 16, I got my license in dad's 1953 Willys Aero Falcon. A good, solid "mid-size" before its time.

They only were produced for three years. Big Auto crushed them of course. Dad bought it 2nd hand in 1957 from a fellow railroad worker.
    Last edited by Mike71; September 30th, 2021 at 03:10.

"Which is exactly why I NEVER park between two cars when I drive my Miata. I always ALWAYS park in a end spot, as close to a curb as possible. As long as I can still walk ok, I don't care if the parking spot is a block away. I don't give them a chance to bang up against my baby! NC"

That was an exception Chief, parked directly opposite our bank where I had to go and deposit a considerable sum of $$$.
    She was line of sight visible and about 50 metres away.

What I would never do was park my restored 911RS in any public parking space, aside from the fact it was a labor of love these days it has become worth a lot of $$$, almost to the point where I'm thinking long and hard about selling her.
    That's why I bought the MX5, I'd hate to get a scratch on her but I could get affordable cover, unlike the 911RS which would cost an arm and a leg for general insurance.
    FTR, this restoration started as an idea some 25+/- years ago when I bought a complete engine and drive train for a very low price from a person who was upgrading their 911RS to a race spec, I sort of collected assorted bits until I managed to find the correct body shell and decided to get serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    What kind of van is that Ferry? MrZippy, no offence, but that's almost as ugly as the Nash Metropolitan my Dad had restored and I had to drive to school when I was 16. And no, never got a date in it lol.
    I had one and only one ride in a Nash Metropolitan. I was 5 years old and a neighbor, who lived down the street from me and was in my school class, her father picked us up at school and gave me a ride home. Back seat wasn't even big enough for 2 small kids!

wombat666 I have a garage and I'll store the 911RS for ya!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    What kind of van is that Ferry?
    It's a 2017 Citroën Berlingo, which you can buy as a panel van or as a passenger car. Not the most exciting ride, but we need the space and it is quite comfortable, being a French car.
    The engine is a whopping 1.2 liter, 3 cylinder turbo engine which drives almost like a diesel and has nice fuel economy. With fuel close to $8.75 USD per gallon that is quite important...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wombat, all I can say is wow!

MrZippy, that Renault looks a lot better than the old Nash. I was just kidding lol. The only way you could get into
    the trunk of the Nash, was to fold the back of the back seat down.

Ferry, that Van has more external character than 80% of the vehicles I see driving around here.
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 0