Talking of Spitfires

Thread: Talking of Spitfires

Talking of Spitfires

While we are looking at Spitfires, and in order not to distract from gecko's excellent versions and their own SOH threads, I have started this one to look at some non SJ versions which might be used in a limited sense as night fighters, albeit inferior to gecko's.
    I have to admit ignorance as to the general availability, now, of 2 others versions; namely

AH2_Spitfire_MkIIaxxx's
    and
    DL_Spitfire_MkVbxxx's

I have not been following what the useage position of these are, and any help is appreciated.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    some non SJ versions which might be used in a limited sense as night fighters, albeit inferior to gecko's.
    I have to admit ignorance as to the general availability, now, of 2 others versions; namely

AH2_Spitfire_MkIIaxxx's
    and
    DL_Spitfire_MkVbxxx's

I have not been following what the useage position of these are, and any help is appreciated.
    As they are inferior, feel free not to use them. Permission denied. The AH ones are payware anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I must say ,Nigel, I Love your work and appreciate all the effort you and Rene put into your aircraft. Many appreciate your fine and marvelous work. Sincerely , Scott

Well, my intention was not to offend anyone, but it is an objective fact IMHO that, gecko's SJ MkII's and V's are superior in terms of more detailed modelling and realistic functions than earlier versions. They present an advance in the same way that other models were advances on earlier versions. If some people are sensitive about that reality, then there is no need for me to actually place them in a new install; I can just make missions for them and those who have those aircraft cab then fly those missions!

Blog Entries
    I think this is a terrible way to act. Nigel has done terrific work and is much appreciated by many. I think this thread ought to be closed because it is very disrespectful of other peoples hard work. Like to see what you can do mongoose ! Learn some manners. We are not here to criticize other peoples work ,who is loved by many. Nigel and Rene ,i appreciate you both for all the hard work put into your wonderful aircraft. Thanks. Admins please close this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    I think this is a terrible way to act. Nigel has done terrific work and is much appreciated by many. I think this thread ought to be closed because it is very disrespectful of other peoples hard work. Like to see what you can do mongoose ! Learn some manners. We are not here to criticize other peoples work ,who is loved by many. Nigel and Rene ,i appreciate you both for all the hard work put into your wonderful aircraft. Thanks. Admins please close this thread...
    I'm happy to have the thread closed, but I don't need to learn manners from the likes of people here. This is being blown all out of proportion over quite an innocent question of what was what. As for seeing what I can do; that's rich from the source here! So as rthe originatoer of the thread; I will ask for it to be closed since it has ceased to serve its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Who are you to come in here to lecture anyone!?! You asked John to repaint all the HE-219's, that's disrespectful to the original work done on the models!! So get off your soapbox, you have no room to talk!

Blog Entries
    I was just asking about the new features of bump mapping and such. His work is excellent and meant no disrespect . John does such good work i only asked if it could be updated. Love the He-219's by the way. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 1