Today we remember "The Few" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today we remember "The Few"

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Hi YoYo, I am left clicking, holding, and right clicking. It worked the first time I tried, but the sim froze. The next time, it didn't work??? The sim is locking up, so I don't think it is clicking outside and losing screen focus. I "think", but I have slept at least twice since, this has happened on one other aircraft? So, it could be something on my end?
    John, I cant explain this here, I can guess because I don't have this Spitfire, but that's how they work in the other planes or on G1000. Try for example default G1000 in any module (the first bigger, top knob for change active to active freq, COM or NAV). Here it works for me as described and nothing crashes.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

When will this be available from JustFlight?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    They received the package at the same time as all the other vendors.

The fuel pressure control is designed for right click to go right and left click to go left. Right click once to carb position, check fuel pressure and then right click again for engine. John try a Cold Dark start by pulling on the first of the two flare handles. Or pull the second rear flare handle for quick-start setup. That will switch on all necessary switches. You MUST have both tank levers up and the magneto start switch on before starting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The fuel pressure control is designed for right click to go right and left click to go left. Right click once to carb position, check fuel pressure and then right click again for engine. John try a Cold Dark start by pulling on the first of the two flare handles. Or pull the second rear flare handle for quick-start setup. That will switch on all necessary switches. You MUST have both tank levers up and the magneto start switch on before starting.
    I did everything listed above including clicking battery cart switch. Upon pressing the starter switch the engine turned but did not start. I then restarted the sim and used the CTRL-C, after pulling the ready for start handle, the engine started but after about 2-3 minutes it shut down on its own. I will try again later today.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    If you need it from JF store, it is here from now https://www.justflight.com/product/a...fire-mk1a-msfs .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Well, I give up! The GD airplane will not start for me. I have read the manual and watched YouTube starting videos. The cart doesn't show up when I flip the little switch on the right side. I show fuel in the fuel menu, but the when I push the buttons, the two fuel gauges read zero. Before anyone asks, yes, the two fuel handles are up.

I am frustrated to the point of thinking of just quitting MSFS. I am too old to be constantly troubleshooting. This is as bad as P3D. The GD program should just work. Isn't this Xbox? You boot up and the game loads and runs.

I know this isn't Airplane Heaven fault, I see too many people enjoying flying the Spitfire. It's something with my system, but right now I do not have the energy to figure it out. I have other things I can do that don't make me want to throw my G2 headset. I am going to the O-Club.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

John, there might be a couple ofthings you can check. Firstly, go to the OPTIONS menu of the sim. Now, check the setting for MOUSE. It should be LEGACY. There are two major settings in that field. One, LEGACY, is for conventional mouse the other for other types of inputs like sticks and yokes but not many use those for selecting and clicking things. You might have it set on the other input. The second thing is ensure that the FLIGHT MODEL setting is MODERN. You may have it set to LEGACY which won't work with the Spitfire and is intended for use with portovers using legacy code. Finally, please contact us over problems, we may be able to help you better. help@aeroplaneheaven.com

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Attachment 84309

It's September 15th in Australia so what better day...available at our site and other vendors as soon as they are ready.

And here's a small video from Steve Walton. Steve has been testing the new Spitfire controls from Authentikit, with the Spitfire Mk1A. We are delighted to have been working with Phil at Authentikit on these fantastic kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbufeG2KVM

Mod Edit: Purchase page - https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_spitmk1a.php
    Good video What airport do you take off from?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Not my video but I believe the airfield in question is Popham in the UK. Personally, when testing the Spitfire I fly out of Duxford and go to Biggin Hill. Many fields were positioned near the South coast of England during the Battle of Britain so take your pick (so long s it has a grass runway)

This video has an interesting flight over the Battle of Britain Memorial on the South Coast, flying out of Headcorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slFv...=Dreamsofwings

Yes it is EGHP Popham by Burning Blue Design, an airfield I used to do fly in visits to, it’s really well modelled and interesting to fly with sloped runways and various approach restrictions due to a petrol station being at one end of one of the runways. Lots of details reflecting the real place.

https://burningbluedesign.com/product/popham-airfield/

Thank you very much,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

One last bump as the glue comes off...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0