Change of Sound

Thread: Change of Sound

Change of Sound

Sound , it was easy to change sound in FSX & P3D , but in MSFS itīs not like that ? Any one who have clue how to do ?

It seems much more difficult now. In the legacy sims one had easy access to the config and wav files. While the legacy sound system is still (mostly) supported, there's a lot more involved. The prime path is now Wwise audio, which has a more-or-less encrypted sound bank. I've seen a few freeware cases where developers have done a hybrid -- added and/or replaced some sounds using legacy calls in conjunction with a default Wwise sound bank, so that may a way to go. The SDK documents both systems and has examples as well.

Despite the extra effort I think Asobo made the right choice in pushing forward with Wwise, as it is leaps and bounds beyond what the legacy system could do. But it makes it much less approachable for the average user to change sounds.

- dcc
    - -

Sounds can be aliased, but it's not always the best choice. There's a freeware "improvement" package for the Emb-110 that offers a mod to alias the sounds to the stock King Air. The problem is that as soon as you flip the battery on, you get the announcement that the autopilot is online. Each stock sound pack is custom tailored to its aircraft, and using it somewhere else can cause strange things to happen.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    It seems much more difficult now. In the legacy sims one had easy access to the config and wav files. While the legacy sound system is still (mostly) supported, there's a lot more involved. The prime path is now Wwise audio, which has a more-or-less encrypted sound bank. I've seen a few freeware cases where developers have done a hybrid -- added and/or replaced some sounds using legacy calls in conjunction with a default Wwise sound bank, so that may a way to go. The SDK documents both systems and has examples as well.

Despite the extra effort I think Asobo made the right choice in pushing forward with Wwise, as it is leaps and bounds beyond what the legacy system could do. But it makes it much less approachable for the average user to change sounds.

- dcc

Thanks for your answer , i did take a look in " layout.json " later and there was all the sounds files shown in text , so it is what it is ~
    Last edited by Brytskiva; September 12th, 2021 at 10:11.

Don't forget we have the auto-json tool linked in the stickies section. It's in the Tools thread.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Don't forget we have the auto-json tool linked in the stickies section. It's in the Tools thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0