dramatic entrances

Thread: dramatic entrances

dramatic entrances

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of new aircraft introductions with the symphony playing like we're watch a Spartacus type movie. Let me see the aircraft and for cris sakes, be quiet I want to hear the engines. not a musical.

LouP

It doesn't bother me. And since I always start cold/dark on the ramp at smaller airports, the only sounds I usually hear when I click the Ready To Fly button is wind and maybe some birds in the distance. Besides, as the music changes, I can hear the loading status change while I'm in the kitchen grabbing a pre-flight "beverage!"
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of new aircraft introductions with the symphony playing like we're watch a Spartacus type movie. Let me see the aircraft and for cris sakes, be quiet I want to hear the engines. not a musical.

LouP
    I see what you mean. Those introductory/teaser movies about new stuff. Absolutely agree with you. One of this days will have ballerinas and dancers on the clouds or wings....

Options > General Options > Accessibility > Skip Pre-Flight Cinematics to ON

Options > General Options > Sound > Music to 0

To skip the Asobo/XGS/Black Shark logos on the Steam version, right click Flight Simulator in your Library, General > Launch Options, enter "-FastLaunch"

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Options > General Options > Accessibility > Skip Pre-Flight Cinematics to ON

Options > General Options > Sound > Music to 0

To skip the Asobo/XGS/Black Shark logos on the Steam version, right click Flight Simulator in your Library, General > Launch Options, enter "-FastLaunch"
    Sorry, think this is not about the game, just about announcements of new products aka airplanes, where on most of movie clips you' re allowed to hear everything but plane related sounds....

I find ak416's post to be very useful! Especially about the Asobo and Shark AI splashes! Thanks mate!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Sorry, think this is not about the game, just about announcements of new products aka airplanes, where on most of movie clips you' re allowed to hear everything but plane related sounds....
    Oh, whoops. Tom's message threw me for a loop there! Totally agree about trailers and the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I find ak416's post to be very useful! Especially about the Asobo and Shark AI splashes! Thanks mate!

Priller
    Glad it was helpful!

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of new aircraft introductions with the symphony playing like we're watch a Spartacus type movie. Let me see the aircraft and for cris sakes, be quiet I want to hear the engines not a musical.

LouP
    Absolutely sick to death of it. Immediate muting of the video. I want to hear the engines, the cockpit interaction sounds, the ambience, etc.

Whether it's a new Airport, Aircraft or bit of Scenery - it's EVERYWHERE and it royally p**sses me off so I am entirely in agreement with you. And worse than that sort is the so-called "Up beat" dance track used in an attempt to put lipstick on the pig of some no-hopers YouTube Vlog about MSFS.

Spartacus was scored by Alex North - an absolute musical genius - but the stuff being used for this is just hideous royalty-free drek.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

The three video clips don't bother me - I'm usually not around to see them. I usually click the icon then head to the kitchen to get a snack and soda (or sometimes something a little more grown up). What gets me is that for the next 6-8 weeks, I'll be coming back to see advertisements for what I already have. I can locate those images easy enough and could replace them with eye candy of my own, but I'm too lazy. Besides, the next WU will just overwrite my changes anyway.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

LouP

I completely agree with you!!! When I start to watch that type of video, and it has music, without engine sounds, I turn it off. I look for reviews on the aircraft instead. NC

Blog Entries
    I don't know if we are talking about YouTube or not? But, I quit watching most videos because of all the blasted commercials. I don't care if it's a 30 sec video, it starts with an ad. I am not interested, nor am i buying what they advertise. I find all these commercials annoying. I don't watch TV anymore either. I could say it's because of all the commercials, but I quit long ago because of the mindless material. I just don't find it worth my time. I only watch LSU and the Saints. The rest of the time the TV is off. Of course, I had to buy a 65" 4K Sony TV to watch my two teams. Talk about intelligence or lack of.

If my tangent was indeed tangential tot he thread's subject, I apologize.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have an ad blocker on my Chrome - gets rid of all YT ads and about 98% of all page ads.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I don't know if we are talking about YouTube or not? But, I quit watching most videos because of all the blasted commercials. I don't care if it's a 30 sec video, it starts with an ad. I am not interested, nor am i buying what they advertise. I find all these commercials annoying. I don't watch TV anymore either. I could say it's because of all the commercials, but I quit long ago because of the mindless material. I just don't find it worth my time. I only watch LSU and the Saints. The rest of the time the TV is off. Of course, I had to buy a 65" 4K Sony TV to watch my two teams. Talk about intelligence or lack of.

If my tangent was indeed tangential tot he thread's subject, I apologize.

Oh, I am with you about the ads on YT. I do have a ad blocker, but I still get ads on every video. I watch the counter in the right hand lower corner of each video that says how many seconds until I can skip the ad. I stay poised to hit the Skip button. Just because of the ads, I wouldn't buy a product if I see a ad for it on YT. NC

I use uBlock with Mozilla Firefox and get no ads on YouTue, some sites will not allow me to watch a video unless I turn it off, but not that many.

LouP
    Think we´re a little bit astray of initial post from Loup...this is about airplane teasers for sims. Please look at recent ones , P38L from Ironworks and Asobo Ju-52. Nice music and images, no original sounds...

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of new aircraft introductions with the symphony playing like we're watch a Spartacus type movie.

Gawd yes, it gets on my nerves. Usually a pastiche of Carmina Burana, with the obligatory dramatic pause halfway through. A certain well-known scenery developer / publisher is dreadful for it - a sleepy Australian airfield with a few parked Cessnas, and the music is more like the arrival of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Members who have read this thread: 0