Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Any idea when it's going to be on the ingame shop?
    I'd like to keep most of my purchases centralized.

I absolutely love this plane!! One thing I noticed is I don't think the elevators move with the joystick inputs. The only other thing that I think would make this even more amazing would be a snap view of the fuel pump/tank selector panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211006014135_1.jpg  
    Project Consultant - Luft'46 Design Team

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Eagle_571 View Post
    The only other thing that I think would make this even more amazing would be a snap view of the fuel pump/tank selector panel.
    Ctrl+6 will do it. Pressing it again will bring you back to the regular cockpit view.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Eagle_571 View Post
    One thing I noticed is I don't think the elevators move with the joystick inputs. T
    I read where this was caused by some late changes just prior to release. I'm sure they'll fix it.

I'm having blast, it's like a whole new sim for me. I've got almost 20 hours in it now Been neglecting some house chores

- dcc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6oct.png  
    - -

Richard pointed out I left bare metal props with the Snafuperman and Little Buckaroo paints. This has now been corrected so if you want proper black prop blades, please download again
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

work in progress:
    jk8623 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8621 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8611 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8609 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

gorgeous! Looking forward to getting these -- love seeing the bare metal on the L. Do you take requests?

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    gorgeous! Looking forward to getting these -- love seeing the bare metal on the L. Do you take requests?

- dcc
    glad you like them! Viking 2 is now uploaded, the Traveller to follow this weekend.
    Requests? sometimes, it depends on the request I guess
    Last edited by jankees; October 7th, 2021 at 21:06.

the Traveller is uploaded, next one will be this:

jk8729 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    the Traveller is uploaded, next one will be this:

jk8729 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    My avatar thanks you - hugely!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

you're welcome!

jk8855 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8856 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8882 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I've read the manual, but I didn't find any key to make the gunsight appear. Has it really been omitted, or am I missing something?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Similar to the PMDG DC-6, there is a tablet tucked between the seat and the left wall of the cockpit. From the default camera view, you can just see the corner of the tablet, and when moving the mouse over the area of the left side of the seat, where the tablet is, you'll find a mouse region where you can click to have the tablet pulled out (you can also see the tablet more clearly when viewing the fuel controls using the Ctrl+6 view). Once the tablet is pulled out and turned on, you can change the cockpit to one of three different configurations - with gun sight, without gun sight (like all P-38's flying today), or no gun sight with GPS. Once done, the tablet can be returned to the stowed position by either clicking on the "home key" on the tablet, or by clicking in the mouse region over by the left side of the seat/cockpit wall.

Thanks a million John!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Maybe I'm being stoopid...but I can't find any of these repaints either here at the 'house or on .to?

I did find this though https://stephentaylorhistorian.files...ght-manual.pdf
    Cheers
    Keith

Just search for P-38 on the .to site, and they all show up for me?
    There's 12 of them there, 7 by me, 5 by others

Knew I was being stoopid! Thanks

Version 1.1 is out today BTW

Cheers
    Keith

Downloading the updated version as I type!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

14 days - one last bump to keep this one up high while I unstick it...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I'm awed by the way this firm operates and with the models they release.

Just had to say that.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I'm curious what others here think about the acceleration in this aircraft? To me, it gets up to speed too fast. The RPM gets up to 3,000 too early too - at barometric power (typically about 30-in MP), the RPM at that stage should only be 2,500, however the engines are getting to 3,000 RPM well before the power reaches 30-in MP.

This video, from the cockpit of the Collings Foundation's P-38L "Pudgy V", shows a takeoff performed from runway 20 at New Smyrna Beach, Florida. The power setting shown, of 45-in MP, is the standard reduced power setting for takeoff among P-38 operators today, followed by the reduced climb power setting of 35-in MP, 2,500 RPM, which is also standard among P-38 operators today. I recreated this takeoff from the exact same spot in the sim, using the same power settings and full fuel (except for drops), and it was getting to 120 MPH/airborne well before shown here (and I'm sure they weren't using full internal fuel for the flight in the video either). It's only unfortunate that the airspeed indicator cannot be seen in this video.

More videos from the same flight -

Engine Shutdown and Restart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqxjCw1LayY

Landing & Taxi In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeQSESIR1g

Take off distance - what...? Oh yeah, I forgot to pay attention, sorry. I was distracted and mesmerized by the sound of those engines! Did you hear that?!?! Dam, that's was awesome! And I wish we had the sound of props going in and out of phase in the sim. That would be cool.

Ok, actually I did pay attention to the roll. You could be right. It does seem to get up and go quicker than in the video. Maybe we have 150 octane fuel in the sim...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Yeah, the sounds captured in those videos is another reason I've been wanting to share them here. Note just before he starts turning around to line up with the runway, you can hear the ratcheting sound of the side windows being cranked up.

The other criticism I have of the current flight model is that the aileron roll rate is a bit too slow. The control yoke should also rotate a complete 180-degrees, in either direction, when applying full aileron deflection.

Here is another video worth posting, of a P-38 that sadly is no more (42-67543/N3145X), performing at RAF Cosford in 1992:

Hi John,

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The other criticism I have of the current flight model is that the aileron roll rate is a bit too slow. The control yoke should also rotate a complete 180-degrees, in either direction, when applying full aileron deflection.
    Forwarded your comments to FlyingIron Discord server, they are listing (are open) to feedback and have updates in progress.

Regards,

Marcel

Members who have read this thread: 2