P-38L Lightning for MSFS - Released 9-30-21 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: P-38L Lightning for MSFS - Released 9-30-21

jk8215 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

she's very pretty I think
    jk8258 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8262 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8248 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

She's gorgeous! Downloading!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Interesting to hear how this one flies.
    Read this at the FI site:

• Incredibly realistic Flight Model created by our newest team member, the highly respected GotGravel!

Check for oversize Tundra tires & STOL performance.
    Actually, Gravel Rash knows his stuff.
    T43

Wow, all these wonderful aircraft are coming out too close together but I'm not complaining, this is great! I may have to start hooking again to satiate my drive to fill my hangar! BTW I was a wrecker operator, LOL.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Wow, all these wonderful aircraft are coming out too close together but I'm not complaining, this is great! I may have to start hooking again to satiate my drive to fill my hangar! BTW I was a wrecker operator, LOL.
    Thank you! Glad you explained that!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    I may have to start hooking again...
    That's an imaginary visual I did NOT need!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

nice, will be getting it soon.

I was kind of hoping they'd fix a few minor visual details before release, but I'm glad the fixed the cowlings. Overall, it looks fantastic and apparently lots of systems modeled. What a treat!

- dcc
    - -

just took her up for a first flight and I must say, it's great to finally fly a P-38 in the MSFS virtual skies They've done a fantastic job all around.

Some nice touches (just from my first experience):

- custom text as the flight loads, explaining key aspects to flying the P-38L
    - if you forget to lock the canopy, it flies away when you get going fast enough! (really impressed with that! )

As mentioned above, there are some minor visual issues (mostly missing details), but minor compared to all the great things they did very well. (one little bug, I noticed the elevator trim tab moves with the yoke, but the elevator does not) I'm debating whether to send them notes, but I may wait a while. I don't want to seem like an ungrateful rivet counter.

There are some things I plan to tweak in the flight model, camera views, etc to match my preferences, and I am seriously considering bringing my P-38 soundset to MSFS for this plane at some point, and have been playing around with Wwise and the SDK to do so.

Overall, this P-38 nut is extremely happy with it, it is worth every penny to me and then some. I probably won't be flying anything else in MSFS for quite some time (though that Electra is sure tempting!)

- dcc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 9_30_2021 8_20_56 PM.jpg  
    - -

Snafuperman:
    jk8318 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8316 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8319 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8321 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    ………

I am seriously considering bringing my P-38 soundset to MSFS for this plane at some point, and have been playing around with Wwise and the SDK to do so.

- dcc
    It’s interesting you say this, I’ve no idea how a Lightning would sound in cockpit but I’ve watched and heard one fly at Duxford before, including the day of the crash and I don’t find the included sounds very satisfying almost annoying, so I hope you do go ahead with an alternative offering.

A great model for sure.
    Is a paintkit available ?
    Richard

Should the props be feathered when she's parked? The only time I ever see that is on PT-6 t-props.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I like it. Flew from Kavieng (AYKV) down the south coast of New Ireland to Rabaul (AYTK) for a first flight. Very nice.

...and I am seriously considering bringing my P-38 soundset to MSFS for this plane at some point, and have been playing around with Wwise and the SDK to do so. ...
    Please do! I miss your P-38 sound set! Turbochargers baby!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Just got it, the model overall is very nice. After having the Milviz version, I would say the flight dynamics could use some work but the engine sound is simply way off both internal & external. This soundset loops and sounds like a GA aircraft. Not to bash but it's just that after working Alpha & Beta test on and owning so many high end models, I hate to see some not get the completeness they should have on certain items, sound nowadays is a biggie. So yes, such upgrades will be welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sooo mad at myself. I forgot to close the canopy and ripped it off on climb out.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Should the props be feathered when she's parked? The only time I ever see that is on PT-6 t-props.
    I've not seen photographic evidence of feathered props on parked P-38's.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

just took her up for a first flight and I must say, it's great to finally fly a P-38 in the MSFS virtual skies They've done a fantastic job all around.

There are some things I plan to tweak in the flight model, camera views, etc to match my preferences, and I am seriously considering bringing my P-38 soundset to MSFS for this plane at some point, and have been playing around with Wwise and the SDK to do so.

- dcc
    Please, do...we need a good soundset. This one sounds a bit "anemic" for those engines. (P-38 Lightning Start up, flight & shut down - YouTube) An example of a good soundset is the one from DCDesigns Stearman.
    Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Please, do...we need a good soundset. This one sounds a bit "anemic" for those engines. (P-38 Lightning Start up, flight & shut down - YouTube) An example of a good soundset is the one from DCDesigns Stearman. Greetings.
    Seems a bit enemic for a warbird. I stood next to Lefty Gardner's P38 many years ago. It was very quiet on start up and run up. The flight passes were quite good, which is missing from MSFS anyway. Flying Iron seems pretty good at taking feedback. Expect that we will hear some improvement to the audio.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

my first two paints now on flightsim.to, let me know what you think?

jk8454 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8448 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8427 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8430 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I may have a look at Pudgy later, but first I'm trying to find all the bits and pieces..so first something simple:

Geronimo II of the 80th FG:

jk8498 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8496 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk8494 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 2