DC Design ...now it's the time for Black Widow! - Old Thread

Thread: DC Design ...now it's the time for Black Widow! - Old Thread

DC Design ...now it's the time for Black Widow! - Old Thread

Come on, what a surprise!

Do not be afraid of this Black Widow, you will be happy because this spider was born in Northrop Co.!

From DC FB:

FRIDAY NEWS UPDATESo, by the time you are reading this, the F-14 Tomcats and F-15 Eagles have gone live onto the Xbox console Marketplace, and been updated in general. The F-15s now have a much more in-depth systems and autopilot selection, more functional controls, special effects, new LOD models and some other improvements, while the Tomcats have equally advanced autopilot functions, some minor bug fixes and better LOD models. It’s been a long wait to see them come to the console but I’m very excited to see how they do. The updated aircraft will also reach third-party stores within a few days now.

The F-15s will get a further update later this year with the promised texturing improvements ( decals for warning signs etc ) while both aircraft will receive further special effects with that update – I’m still learning the process, which is quite tricky to implement and will take some time to perfect. I’ve been told by Asobo that G-vapour isn’t possible yet, but they’re working on the system to create such effects. Wing tip vapour trails might work though. Stearman update that is now imminent should have a working smoke system to go along with the new faired-version model, based on Stephen Coonts’ famous Stearman, “Cannibal Queen”. There is no new engine modelling or sounds for this version, it’s just a visual enhancement with faired engine and wheel covers and a bit more power to simulate the larger Pratt & Whitney Wasp radial engine fitted to that aircraft and others like it. An actual 3D model of the Wasp Junior will eventually follow in that version of the aircraft, but that will be added when it’s added as it’s not essential and represents a lot more work.

With the majority of the existing product updates now done, I’ve spent some more time on my first freeware / donationware product, the Northrop P-61B Black Widow. The aircraft has a new exterior model, and I’ve been working to incorporate into that the 3D cockpit from my Prepar3D P-61C. This will be for the exterior visuals only. The interior cockpit is being entirely re-built for MSFS, with PBR and 3D gauges, all the usual stuff. In a wonderful bonus, OzWookie from Big Radials has offered to convert the Black Widow’s custom sound set into WWise format, to allow for better sound features than the old format from Prepar3D would allow.

As of next week, the final, and most complex, conversion project on my list will begin: the Big Fast White Pointy Thing, Concorde, will dominate the workload from now until its MSFS launch, which hopefully will be before Christmas 2021. First images will appear soon for the exterior model, but the interior will probably be some time as it needs a lot of re-modelling and re-texturing to bring it up to MSFS standard.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by Tom Clayton; August 14th, 2023 at 14:02. Reason: Title update
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Noooooooo!!! My wallet cries out in pain!!

One of my favourites, definitely looking forwards to this one!

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHippy1975 View Post
    Noooooooo!!! My wallet cries out in pain!!
    Keith.
    The P-61B is to be freeware / donationware, so your wallet will be okay ( until Concorde anyway )
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

My second favorite fighter! Loved the WIP FSX version. Can't wait for this one! (P-38 is 1st - something about twin booms I guess)
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2023

Icon26

A P61, and free, how exciting!!! The P38 and DC3 news of planes on the horizon made my day, heavily influenced by my early WWII years.

My first grade teacher had me sit at the back of the room as I had pencil and paper drawing battles with sound effects.

wow i will love flying this on MSFS
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    The P-61B is to be freeware / donationware, so your wallet will be okay ( until Concorde anyway )
    Dean stated on another forum that the donations would go to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum for their restoration project of a P-61 that was pulled off Mt. Cyclops near Hollandia. This project has been on going for a long time and the P 61 will be returned to flying condition! I have been going to the MAAM's WW 2 Weekend practically every year since about 1995. When I first saw the P 61 it was just pieces behind a glass wall in one of the hangars.

This is what it looked like in 2019.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P 61 1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	84285

Name:	P 61 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	84286

I have seen it come this far. I hope to live long enough to see it take to the air.
    It is a worthy project.

Joe

Aaah, brilliant news! A P-61 and a P-38 for Msfs!
    I just does not get any better than this!
    (Well ok, maybe a Catalina...and a Duck?)
    Sooo looking forward to this!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That's great to hear! Must say I'm enjoying the F-14 Tomcat so will hopefully enjoy the Black Widow as much as that.

The Black Widow is FSX- P3d, NOT MSFS. DRAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    The Black Widow is FSX- P3d, NOT MSFS. DRAT!
    No, there's already an FSX/P3D version out, but Dean's working on a native MSFS version.

The entire P-61B has been re-mapped with 4K, full PBR textures. I have learned a lot since I built the original P-61C for FSX / P3D, so these maps will be much easier for re-painters to use.

Name:	Screenshot (1383).png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	84599
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Icon14

The entire P-61B has been re-mapped with 4K, full PBR textures. I have learned a lot since I built the original P-61C for FSX / P3D, so these maps will be much easier for re-painters to use.

Name:	Screenshot (1383).png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	84599
    looks really good !

Very nice, very much looking forward to this one!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Looking forward to this one as well, and hoping that it will be available through normal channels and not in the place that shall go unnamed.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Any news on this one?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Any news on this one?

Priller
    Follow my Facebook page for updates, I don't get here as often as I used to. There will be more info there on the P-61B tomorrow.

i appologize if ive missed it above,but what is your fb name? or maybe a link to it?..id like to follow along,but im a bit of an idjit when it comes to FB anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43H View Post
    i appologize if ive missed it above,but what is your fb name? or maybe a link to it?..id like to follow along,but im a bit of an idjit when it comes to FB anymore.
    looks like the link you want is in his signature
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

P61...?

Does anyone have info or a link to where the P61 project stands..?
    I've looked at the Facebook page and can see that Dean has his hands full but was wondering if this is on long term storage.

Thanks,

We asked Dean about it a few days ago on Facebook and he said it's planned for 2024 at this point.

That looks amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    We asked Dean about it a few days ago on Facebook and he said it's planned for 2024 at this point.
    Thanks, good to hear..

Beautiful. That'll load up my log with night hours.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Members who have read this thread: 1