Roland laborie - vought crusader f8-e msfs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roland laborie - vought crusader f8-e msfs

Roland laborie - vought crusader f8-e msfs

https://secure.simmarket.com/roland-...8-e-msfs.phtml

Not sure if this has been mentioned?

Wow !!
    It looks really good. I'm glad Roland is switching to MSFS as well.
    Can't wait to see his A400M !

Technical difficulty at SimMarket. Bought the jet but no serial yet. pics to come whenm I can get her installed.

Yep same here and of course if I can ever get the sim to work

As usual, DRM making things more difficult for paying customers and will be completely useless in preventing piracy.

key repaired, It's in there! Need a VF-154 livery!

I got it and I hate to say it but for me, this model is lacking a good bit. 1st, no afterburner effect (visually or actual), the sound is aliased to the A320 NEO, the flight modeling is pretty basic. Personally I prefer the RFN model more but I don't hold any hope of that model being rebuilt for FS2020 anytime soon if ever. I am hoping someone will mod this bird to fix the above noted issues as it is otherwise a nice model and for the record, I have always supported Rolland's work. This model is likely the only decent F-8 until the Leatherneck Simulations F-8J comes out in DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, and DCS planes take years due to the arguably overkill level of systems detail.

As a Crusader fan, I'll take it. I do hope Roland figures out the afterburner effect, and gets some decent sounds onboard. Might have to see if I can figure out how to alias it to one of my other military jets in the meantime.

Right now it's about a C+, but it has A- potential if he keeps at the updates.

I emailed the developer. Sound improvements are planned, and afterburner and flight model issues are awaiting SDK improvements.

Not sure how DC Designs faked the afterburners in the F-14/15, but apparently that's not an SDK effect, but something Dean figured out.

Not sure if Roland's aware of the workaround to the supersonic performance limitations that some of the other devs have discovered.

Only serious issue I have right now is that the braking sucks and you need a TON of runway to stop the plane.

Unless the plane uses something like the fsarchive format that Asobo uses to prevent sharing their upgrade planes, you should be able to edit the flight model file and change the brake scalar.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The config files are definitely editable, but I thought the brake scalar only affected differential braking?

There should be one for toe brakes as well. And I just realized it's in the systems file, not the flight model.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I really am sorely tempted, but I'm going to wait for some more info coming out of the community.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Wow !!
    It looks really good. I'm glad Roland is switching to MSFS as well.
    Can't wait to see his A400M !
    Can't wait to have a ride on the french fighter Rafale...

Unfortunately, I doubt he will attempt to model a Rafale again, after the legal trouble he got from Dassault last time he tried...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Unfortunately, I doubt he will attempt to model a Rafale again, after the legal trouble he got from Dassault last time he tried...
    He did release new versions last year of his ill-fated Rafale B/C and M for P3Dv4/5 but MSFS could be some time coming.
    https://secure.simmarket.com/roland-...f-c-p3d4.phtml
    https://secure.simmarket.com/roland-...-m-p3dv4.phtml

I tried updating the Rafale's sounds and afterburner in updated P3Dv4 version but had various issues doing so and ended up giving up on it. I like the F-8 a lot but the old methods for updating the sound and adding an afterburner effect is pretty much impossible at the moment. Whenever the SDK is updated, the method needed for sound, vapor and afterburner effects needs to mirror that of DCS as much as possible. Hopefully that won't be too far off. For now and for a bit, am going to stick with civilian aircraft and non-afterburning military models.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    the method needed for sound, vapor and afterburner effects needs to mirror that of DCS as much as possible.
    I seriously doubt that'll happen. MS doesn't own DCS, so you can be there'd be a copyright case started.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's a matter of coding technique which there are a great deal of commonalities between these sims, there are only so many methods in which certain things can be done. I have taken note of some of the tech cross-over between these sims. Effects and triggers will share a lot of the same properties. My point is that with this sim, the effort should be made by Asobo to get as close as possible which in my opinion can be done and from there, developers would be able to create high end visual effects for aircraft. Not sure it's high priority with Asobo at the moment. Hopefully it will be not too far from now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

update

Hi,
    There is an update at Simmarket;
    new contrails effects and braking system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightSimulator 2021-09-24 19-39-38-20.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	84418

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightSimulator 2021-09-24 19-41-18-55.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	84419

Coming together really nicely! The braking fixes are very welcome.

Got an alert from the simmarket app that there was an update for this, installed it but can't find a changelog.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Got an alert from the simmarket app that there was an update for this, installed it but can't find a changelog.

Cheers,

Priller

Has the aircraft been updated to an acceptable level? Are the sounds better? Better FDE? Afterburner? Speed over 600 knts?
    It is steeply priced for an add-on that has al these points lacking.

Cees

I don’t think it’s been updated since that 2022 post. A real shame as it’s a pretty good model, but it also needs to fly right.

Members who have read this thread: 128