ship wakes

Thread: ship wakes

ship wakes

So I finally saw some ships with nice wake effects tonight. But there are still a lot of ships that do not have any. I have both Orbx Global shipping, Enhanced AI vessels, and also the latest version of GAIST installed. I'm thinking one of these has not been configured for the wake effects yet. Anyone know which one it may be and is it an easy fix? I don't want to muck things up either.

LouP

The author has been posting on the official MS Flight Simulator Forums. (There's a link to the topic on the download page for the latest version.)

The short version is that they're still working on porting the ships from FSX to native MSFS format. The 2.0 release had about half the ships, 2.1 will have a bunch more.

After
    they get all the ships ported, Henrik and team will work on adding wake effects (which has to be done per-ship!) and improving the lighting.

I am really looking forward to being able to land a helo on the cargo ships. NC

Hi,

Since 15 days I am working for Henrik to provide him a set of 3 wake effects and a chimney smoke.

Due to the release of WU6 and the amount of work to be done by the 3 people who carry these boats in glTF format, these effects were not to be integrated in the current version.
    Yesterday the effects were slightly revised with WU6 and I expect to deliver the package this weekend to Henrik. The incorporation and testing should be done in the next weeks and the next delivery should incorporate these effects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calypso_sillages.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	550.3 KB 
ID:	84274

I have also experimented a fire effect to enhanced some situations.

Name:	Creation_Incendie_Calypso.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	84275

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am really looking forward to being able to land a helo on the cargo ships. NC
    Like this Chief?

My squadron doing VERTREPS in the Gulf.....

An eggbeater helping us with VERTREPS somewhere north of Bodo, Norway....

Can't wait to try some old Navy Ops when the ships and helos get all sorted in MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Hi,

Since 15 days I am working for Henrik to provide him a set of 3 wake effects and a chimney smoke.

Due to the release of WU6 and the amount of work to be done by the 3 people who carry these boats in glTF format, these effects were not to be integrated in the current version.
    Yesterday the effects were slightly revised with WU6 and I expect to deliver the package this weekend to Henrik. The incorporation and testing should be done in the next weeks and the next delivery should incorporate these effects.

Name:	Calypso_sillages.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	550.3 KB 
ID:	84274

I have also experimented a fire effect to enhanced some situations.

Name:	Creation_Incendie_Calypso.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	84275
    Thank you!!!!

LouP

YES!!👌. Most definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDra View Post
    Like this Chief?

My squadron doing VERTREPS in the Gulf.....

An eggbeater helping us with VERTREPS somewhere north of Bodo, Norway....

Can't wait to try some old Navy Ops when the ships and helos get all sorted in MSFS.

Members who have read this thread: 1