Bed check Charlie or 5 O clock Charley

Thread: Bed check Charlie or 5 O clock Charley

Icon22 Bed check Charlie or 5 O clock Charley

I thing the aircraft is a russian Yak-18. Does any one know where on can be found for CFS2? Maybe another aircraft can take it place? I am open to anything. Thanks for any suggestions.

I think it was a Polikarpov Po-2
    Matt

Icon22 Night Witches

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    I think it was a Polikarpov Po-2
    I think the Germans called them night witches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Personally I think the Germans spoke German, so why would they call them night witches. I think they would prefer to call them "Nachthexen" in their own language or officially the 588th Night Bomber Regiment.

They indeed flew the nimble Polikarpov Po-2.

Cheers,
    Huub

Image from the Russian television series "Night swallows".

It was indeed Polikarpov PO-2,
    There's one available at usual places, by Ralf Kreibech, and another at Simviation.com by Vladimir Zhulisky.

Ttfn

Pete

Yes indeed, the night witches flying PO-2's. For those interested, the "Star Network" - Russian - has a 7 part series on them, actors and storyline fictional, but use period clothing and aircraft. English subtitles are available. There is another 7 part series on the same network about a Yak squadron. both a perspective of the Soviet air war.
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSULLYKEYS View Post
    Yes indeed, the night witches flying PO-2's. For those interested, the "Star Network" - Russian - has a 7 part series on them, actors and storyline fictional, but use period clothing and aircraft. English subtitles are available. There is another 7 part series on the same network about a Yak squadron. both a perspective of the Soviet air war.
    Hi Sully!

I would love to see those. I'd really like to find: "Devyataev" English title = "Escape from Hell" (2021) https://youtu.be/Y-bFbNrkm4Q

Russian for "night witches" is: nochnye vedmy

Cheers:

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Wow, that was impressive Greg, thanks, I hope to also find it.
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

The image I posted above came from one of the episodes of the series by StarMedia mentioned by PSULLKEYS

You can find the series here:https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Night+swallows

The English name for the series about the YAK squadron is "attackers". This link will help you to find them: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=the+attackers

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0