Champion 7GCB 3 views

Thread: Champion 7GCB 3 views

Champion 7GCB 3 views

Good day fellas!

I have decided to start my modelling experience with a 1960s aircraft. AERONautical Corporation of America went out of business in Ohio by 1950.

By 1960 Champion Aircraft bought the design, plans, etc to produce a modernized version with a 150HP Lycoming. My country used the 7GCB by many years a cropduster platform. The old pilots here refer it as the hardest high wing taildragger.

The Osceola, WI, production hangars were at some time on the 60's filled with YS- marked Champions ready to be delivered. There are photos of the YS- champions with the Sorensen spraying system under the fuselage being riveted and serviced before going south. In Airport-Data.com you can find a nice Belgian one with this same device.

I am looking on internet for plans or 3 views, but have found only the Aeronca version of 85hp. There are some diferences between the two (that I can spot):

7GCB has a dorsal fin on the rudder, Aeronca Champ does not.

7GCB has a bigger and a bit longer engine cowling for the engine.

7GCB has different wing tips, maybe rectangular, like the ones in the citabria. Aeronca Champ tips are rounded.

Anyone knows if Janes All The Worlds Aircraft showed any plans of the Champion of 1960s? O any other source for plans of this particular aircraft?

Thanks

Raphael.

I looked thru the sources I know, with no luck.
    However, you might want to search the forum at:
    https://champcitabriadecathlonforums...ons.18/page-11

You have to register (free) to post so asking them might have better success.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Here is a site that might help you decide which model you are interested in:

Aeronca-Bellanca History Page 1 (8kcab.com)

Hip Pocket Aeronautics and Outerzone free model plans sites have plenty of Aeronca, Champion and American Champion plans that might help you. Hip Pocket has lots of 3-views available as well.

Good luck,
    NormB

Thank you for your comments; much appreciated.

I have decided to pay someone to draw some plans for me, based on 7GCB photos I have and the exisiting aeronca data, but I will keep digging for more factual data from the suggested sources.

In the meantime, a 1954 C-180 will be on my desk. I already have good Illustrator files for this one.

Happy flights

R.B.

Members who have read this thread: 0