MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    I'm hoping that at least the user aircraft altitude is now recognized correctly by ATC during IFR. That was my bigger concern since I use online "AI". Never had the expedite climb issue with the online "AI".

Set the Off Screen Rendering Option to "Ultra" and now everything is much smoother than before. Might be only me though as I have a CPU bottleneck.
    Maybe I should give the online AI a go then.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

For me it worked reasonable well..... after clicking around in the darn MS Store for a bit...... I was going around in circles trying to find the update when all of a sudden it started downloading (and changed the Store screen with the options on the left side). Alright, so I'm an old so-and-so and not paying attention to all the forum posts anymore.

Even with my flakey internet the download and install went pretty quick. Even the Germany World update of 5 Gb went down in one evening.

Only problem so far is the silly message when starting the sim (IF it starts, I sometimes have to try 3 times before the publicity screens appear), telling me to start in Safe mode. (I have an empty Community folder, by the way).

When running it, I had a few 'disappearances' (where the sim just disappears from memory and have to restart), two when selecting something when setting up a flight, the third 7 minuts into the first flight..... but after that it remained running and I did a 55 minute flight from Austria to Germany.
    The ' disappearing' happened with the previous version too, hence my empty Community folder..... so that problem remains.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

How do you normally close your sim? I have yet to see the Save Mode option, but I usually close out by going all the way back to Home and then using the Quit to Desktop button. I suspect the sim is doing some sort of parity check between files. In previous versions, one or more files were written and saved at closing, but only if the sim was closed correctly. With this one, I've noticed that using Alt+F4 doesn't save some changes, such as where you start on the world map, so it's apparently doing something similar here.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I've only had the safe mode screen once so far but that was after a normal shutdown from the Home screen, no crash or anything that should have triggered it.
    I didn't even know that Alt+F4 was a thing.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Well, I'm underway with this update:

I had to d/l and install the Xbox app thing in order to get the MSFS to start . I had mistakingly d/l the Xbox game bar thing yesterday.

The Xbox app said something about MSFS "Standard" ....

Now that is is installing I get stuff about the MSFS "Deluxe" and "Premium" . I purchased the Store version for MSFS "Premium".

I hope this does not lead to trouble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update_1.9..png   Update_1.9. somthing.jpg  

15GB download! Let it go over night at 7.5mb average download speed. Paying for max 25mb, but definitely not getting it. Canada has the worst download speeds in the world. Sim updated, and everything looks good so far. Like others, I had to leave the Xbox app open, as well the M$ Store then, although slow as molasses in January, I eventually got updated. Working on updating the leftovers in the Content Manager and I might get to fly before bed. Fingers crossed.

Flameout, you'll find the Premium content available for download in your Content Manager.

Me too Robcap. No matter what I did I couldn't get the update from the darn store. Reinstalling the entire sim now. AARRGGHH!
    Sue

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I just want to give a shout-out to everyone here at the "House" that help us everyday !

I'm not a real world pilot ... but always wanted to be. I sometimes feel like I'm a little country mouse that has walked up to the only Stop sign in my little country mouse town ... so I stop .... I've never been further than that sign .... this is a big confusing world I live in !

@ DennyA, thanks for that info. I thought I'd some how installed the Standard & Deluxe edition.

Thanks Don

Well re-installed the whole thing and still it freezes whilst updating in content manager and crashes.

Very fed up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Well re-installed the whole thing and still it freezes whilst updating in content manager and crashes.

Very fed up with it.

Have you latest Windows update + and updated all the things in M-soft Store ? ... may help ~

HB

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Me too Robcap. No matter what I did I couldn't get the update from the darn store. Reinstalling the entire sim now. AARRGGHH!
    Sue
    They say it should work now , but if not , download the Xbox app free ( for PC´s ) , that solved it for me

HB

Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Have you latest Windows update + and updated all the things in M-soft Store ? ... may help ~

HB
    Yep, Windows is up to date, Nvidia driver, XBox app, the store.

Very fed up with it.
    Is it one specific item in the Content Manager that always causes the crashes when you try to update? If so, the Content Manager
    also allows you to uninstall an item, and then re-install it later. Maybe uninstalling, going right out of the sim, then back in again
    and re-installing (presumably with the update) might work.

Fair warning: I've never tried this myself, it's just a thought. But maybe others who have done this could chime in.

Yep, Windows is up to date, Nvidia driver, XBox app, the store.

Try an older nVidia driver .. and i assumed you already renamed your Community folder ?
    Last edited by Brytskiva; September 9th, 2021 at 10:37.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Is it one specific item in the Content Manager that always causes the crashes when you try to update? If so, the Content Manager
    also allows you to uninstall an item, and then re-install it later. Maybe uninstalling, going right out of the sim, then back in again
    and re-installing (presumably with the update) might work.

Fair warning: I've never tried this myself, it's just a thought. But maybe others who have done this could chime in.

It just freezes at any point, so downloading, going between menus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Well, I'm underway with this update:

I had to d/l and install the Xbox app thing in order to get the MSFS to start . I had mistakingly d/l the Xbox game bar thing yesterday.

The Xbox app said something about MSFS "Standard" ....

Now that is is installing I get stuff about the MSFS "Deluxe" and "Premium" . I purchased the Store version for MSFS "Premium".

I hope this does not lead to trouble.
    The Game Bar is actually nice to have. Its screenshooter and screen recorder can be used on any Windows program, not just games. As for the Standard Content, be sure to check your Content Manager (via the Profile tab) to get the rest of the updates. Check the Updates Available box on the left, then update everything there. After that, be sure to go to the Marketplace to get the actual World Update files.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No issues here Zsolt, do you have any scenery for the area installed? Also double check everything is up to date in Content Manager

I read on the official forum that clearing the rolling cache may help with scenery "glitches."
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Steam must be the way to go? I've only ever had one crash that I can think of and that was because I had a helicopter in my Community folder, other than that, I never move my Community folder and when I start up the Sim, it starts the update.
    Yep, I think you're right. Updated the sim just now, took less than 1h30Minn did a short flight with an empty community folder, shut down the sim and put everything back, running super smooth.

During the weekend, I'll be flying out of Interlaken, pure nostalgia!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    No issues here Zsolt, do you have any scenery for the area installed? Also double check everything is up to date in Content Manager

This is an MSFS update
    Everything is up to date
    What exactly were you thinking?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I read on the official forum that clearing the rolling cache may help with scenery "glitches."
    "rolling cache" Where can I find this?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    "rolling cache" Where can I find this?
    It's in the DATA option in the main menu, and is normally responsible for caching a flight area so that you can fly it off-line with the satellite scenery intact. Clearing it resets things and might clear up the glitches.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Zsolt, I noticed my mesh is slightly different from yours (like the small hill near the runway at Bolzano).

Are you sure you have downloaded the World Update? You have to add it to your account in the marketplace and download it separately. It is not included in the normal update.

Members who have read this thread: 0