MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes

Yep - here's the order to run things:

Move/rename Community folder
    Store/Steam update to get core files
    Run sim to get update for "Standard" content.
    Content Manager to update Deluxe/Premium content and previous five World Update packages
    Marketplace to "purchase" and install the WU6 package
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

During the weekend, I'll be flying out of Interlaken, pure nostalgia!!

Priller
    Wave for me please..... spent all Summers of my youth looking down on Interlaken !!!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I read on the official forum that clearing the rolling cache may help with scenery "glitches."
    I updated everything but it didn't solve the problem! Is "rolling cache" a file? Because I found one, about 8GB

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

SOH-CM-2024

Something else

Perhaps some of you did not go to the Marketplace. I did not after the Update, did the Content Manager and got all that. Then yesterday went to the Marketplace and the Germany, Austria, and Swizterland are in there for FREE and you have to download and install that from the Marketplace. There must be a better way. I hope I have it all now.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    I updated everything but it didn't solve the problem! Is "rolling cache" a file? Because I found one, about 8GB

Zsolt
    Options > Data - scroll to the bottom to manage the rolling cache. I have mine turned off, so it avoids issues like cached scenery that's no longer compatible with current code, which I suspect is the issue with the ginormous buildings. I saw one clip on YT that showed one of them with an Airbus taking several seconds to fly past. The narrator said that in later flights, the issue seemed to correct itself. If you think about that for a second, it means that whatever was causing it was temporary, and the rolling cache fits that perfectly.

There's also a manual cache option that allows you do permanently store a selected area that you fly to/over often. This keeps the sim from having to download it over and over again.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Always a new surprise

Well, update went allright for me, only a slight tendency towards the Safe Mode Choice emerged, but this might have to do with my many regional addons in the updateted area. Everything else works great.

From time to time I enjoy the sightseeing flights and the challenges. But I just discovered the pilots in outside view are completely missing within the challenges as well as the programmed flights. Really strange! No issue in free flight at all. And it wasn´t an issue before this world update.

There´s always a new surprise waiting...
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Members who have read this thread: 0