P3D_V5 Where are the Dynamic Tree libraries

Thread: Where are the Dynamic Tree libraries

Where are the Dynamic Tree libraries

I use dynamic trees for autogen and they look spectacular. But when adding trees into my scenery via library objects in Airport Design Editor, they are the sketchy looking 2-dimensional ones. Does anyone know if there is a BGL somewhere in P3Dv5 that I can load into ADE and place lovely dynamic trees? I've asked this at SceneryDesign.org but haven't heard back.

Thanks,
    Chris

crushnik - not much help but maybe a clue. I always have used ORBX trees and they replace the default trees in P3D. It is all connected to the autogen files, how it is named and what markers or pointers they use I cannot help as their are bgl's in th world scenery folders for vegetation and ORBX has libraries for trees. The problem is they are all in bulk folders calling up a bunch of hex keys. Some trees exist as part of a texture file and the others specifically will be placed as objects in your airport scenery. Have you tried using ADE and calling up a stock airport or an addon and then the list objects and see if you can find them that way. I know I could find these vegetation libraries (where the trees lurked) with FSX and Instant Scenery but that no longer works and I have not tried using SIM DIRECTOR to see if it can find these since going over to P3D. Worth a try all I can suggest at the moment.

Scenery/Global/Scenery had several veg bgl files, so I tried adding those to ADE's scenery library. ADE already had vegetation.bgl and vegetation_fsxrtm.bgl loaded in, and I added vegetation_st.bgl. Not sure if that did the trick or not but at least you helped point me in the right direction, thanks!

crushnik - there are some aspects of the way P3D reads or uses scenery files (bgls etc), that is a mystery some days. I am currently hunting for a reason why a whole bunch of scenery objects, that displayed perfectly this week all have done a dissappearing act (leaving me with smoke stacks (the effects attached to them) but no objects. The remainder of the scenery is all there - nothing missing, nothing changed, reinstall, fresh copies, check permissions, library sequencing etc etc and still nothing! I do suspect it is also to do with internal WIN10 security management does or does not do what it is supposed as well. Anyhow glad you onto something! I'm chasing gremlins!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Anyhow glad you onto something! I'm chasing gremlins!
    Did you get anywhere? I found out that dynamic trees are called "speed trees" and are in the vegetation_st.bgl file.

Alas no despite extensive discussions at FS Developer nobody has an explanation other than older FSX scenery could sometimes embed objects into the texture file which P3D will not read. In my case they are legitimate or proper models and bgl files - they just will not show up - the space they occupy is left open so it is not other objects. I suspect something deeper in the interface between MS and its file nomenclature and indexing and P3D but just cannot resolve the problem. On an another note an addon airport is now showing and for months did the same thing - for all this I have no answer - sorry wish I did!

Members who have read this thread: 0