AH/JF Lancaster MkBI parameters

Thread: AH/JF Lancaster MkBI parameters

Icon5 AH/JF Lancaster MkBI parameters

While revisiting the AH/JF Lancaster I noticed that there are three parameters for different model configurations.

I've figured out that H2S is for the radar dome and FG is for the engine exhaust flame guards, but haven't figured out what the LP parameter configures? Anyone know what the LP parameter does?

There's no reference in the manual or other text and so far I've not received any response in the JF forum.

Thanks in advance.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Just guessing here, don't have her installed at the moment, but have you checked the prop blades? The Lanc came equipped with needle or paddle blades.

The only thing I can see in the manual is the mention of the Lancaster Prototype?

Good guess. I'll have to take a closer look at the prop blades.

Based on my entries, four of the original textures and five addon textures have the LP parameter. Some addon repaints have no parameters so I may research their accuracy and add the parameters as needed.

UPDATE: The LP parameter doesn't seem to change the prop in any way. I just compared two screenshots and couldn't see any difference between the models with or without the parameter.
    -- WH

My FS9 version has different callouts. Due to poly restrictions there are different models for different VC variations, with different stations modelled depending. But the exterior model callouts vary from yours.

Apart from the vanills there is.
    .Bulge - bulged bomb bay
    .HS2 - same as yours
    .UPKEEP - Dambuster
    .Grandslam - obvious
    .AeroNavale - French variant
    .prototype - obvious

This excludes the Radial engined version also.

Not clear but may give you a clue. The prototype would be my guess. Possibly look for a ventral turret?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever done a Lanc MkII (radial engine)? Practically all were operated by No. 6 (Canadian) Group.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Has anyone ever done a Lanc MkII (radial engine)? Practically all were operated by No. 6 (Canadian) Group.
    Not for FSX. Plane Design has that model for FS9, and there have been some conversions for FSX.
    -- WH

Got a response from Aeroplane Heaven

The LP stands for lower pitot. Armchair experts of the day were adamant there wasn’t one and wanted it removed. Other armchair experts were equally vocal that it did. Stuck between a rock and a hard place we made it so that if you dont think it had one then you can remove it, if you did think it had one then you can still have it. One less thing to worry about in this world !
    Works for me.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Got a response from Aeroplane Heaven

Works for me.
    Probably an instance of they're both right depending on what plane you're looking at. Probably similar to how the Liberator's pitot tubes moved farther up the side of the fuselage and back from the D onwards.

Members who have read this thread: 0