Vickers Wellesley

Thread: Vickers Wellesley

Library Staff

Vickers Wellesley

Huub Vink has uploaded a beautiful repaint of the Vickers Wellesley Mk I L2706, 14 Squadron RAF, Amman, Transjordan, 1939. The download is in the FS2004 section. As the aircraft was originally made for CFS2 by Padbury, the new livery works perfectly in CFS2.

I've asked Huub if he would like it included in the CFS2 British skins library.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210904_1h.jpg  

Library Staff
    On the subject of the Wellesley, has anyone fixed this issue? There is no mention of rocket rails in the DP but a gigantic pair fly in formation with the aircraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wellesley.jpg  

Ha ha ha....the pilot will get a fright when he looks over!

It must be the DP, as there is no reason for the rails to be in the model. Delete the CDP that was created when you flew this ac, that should clear it. If not delete the CDP and remove the DP, so that the sim automatically uses the default DP, which only has guns, this will show you if it's the DP or not. IF it's still there, then let us know.

Cheers

Shessi

Library Staff
    Hi Shessi,

Getting rid of the CDP didn't fix it so I substituted the DP and that got rid of the rails. Looking at the DP, I can't see where they are coming from. I looked at the payloads with Model Converter X and they display correctly as bombs - very strange.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Well Kev,
    Very strange. With weapons bgl's you may not realise that there is more than one weapon in most, use the green arrows at the top of the MCX screen to scroll through the contents of each BGL. The rails look like possibly Alphasim Typhoon/Mosquito? It's just a process of eleimination....or aliens!

Shessi

Library Staff
    I fixed it! The wep_PAH250lbs.bgl must have been sharing the same GUID as the rocket rails. Here is the bomb with a new GUID.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Library Staff
    I had to convert Huub's FS2004 textures to DXT 565 bitmaps in order for them to display correctly.

We should have the new CFS2 livery uploaded very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    I fixed it! The wep_PAH250lbs.bgl must have been sharing the same GUID as the rocket rails. Here is the bomb with a new GUID.
    Good find Kevin

Vickers Wellesley L2706 41 RAF CFS2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: This package contains a repaint depicting the Vickers Wellesley Mk.I L2706 from No.14 (Bomber) Squadron RAF. Amman Transjordan 1939. To use these textures you should have the CFS2 version Vickers Wellesley by Jeff "Jed" Marsh installed. Available in the library of the Sim-Outhouse ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=50&id=3307 )
    An alternative panel configuration file is included, which will sharpen the gauges in the VC in FS2004. Librarian note, may not work in CFS2, but left it in just incase.

Credits go to Jeff "Jed" Marsh from Padbury aircraft for making this wonderful model, to Martin Wright for his incredible dtxbmp tool, without which these textures wouldn't exist and to Shessi for making me do this repaint.

This should be it.

Enjoy,

Huub Vink
    September 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Vickers Wellesley L2706 41 RAF CFS2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    I had to convert Huub's FS2004 textures to DXT 565 bitmaps in order for them to display correctly.

We should have the new CFS2 livery uploaded very soon.
    Uploaded and ready,
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=14&sort=d

Library Staff
    Thanks Jamie - I've just added the amended wep_PAH250lbs.BGL to the package.

Thanks Jamie

Huub

Thanks Huub, a magistral work on a nice astonishing plane, top class

Cheers
    Martin

Wow, what a flurry of activity! Great problem solving Kevin.

What a magnificent paint job!

Icon22 Not holding my mouth right

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Wow, what a flurry of activity! Great problem solving Kevin.

What a magnificent paint job!
    I down loaded the CFS_wellesley_Mk1_LRF V1.1 and I can nit get the rear gunner to pop up with his gun. What am I doing wrong, and How can I correct this problem?

Library Staff
    He should pop up when you retract the undercarriage.

Marty there is nothing wrong. The long range LRF doesn't have a gun. When you open the canopy (crtl-E for me) from the cockpit of the navigator (?) will open as well. As the LRF version depicts the model which was used on the Long Range record flights it doesn't have any armament and has the more streamlined nose with a NACA cowling instead of the Townend ring. Also the nose section is a bit more streamlined.

For the bomber version is is different. When you retract the under carriage the gunner will stand up and put his Lewis gun in position.

Cheers,
    Huub

Wellesley Mk.I LRDU L2680 for CFS2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: This package contains a repaint depicting the Vickers Wesseley Mk.I LRDU L2680 flown by Flt.Lt. A.N. Combe, during the long-distance record-breaking flight between Isamlia (Egypt) and Darwin (Australia) in November 1938. To use these textures you should have the CFS2 version Vickers Wesseley LRDU by Jeff "Jed" Marsh installed. This model is available in the library of the Sim-Outhouse.

A small warning; Jeff has done this model with authentic fuel capacity, which will bring the aircraft well over its maximum allowed load from a normal Wellesley. It therefore is quite challenging to fly this aircraft with full tanks.

(As the Long range version from the Wellesley were stripped from their armament, I don't expect many to fly this version of the model in a Combat Flight simulator)

Credits go to Jeff "Jed" Marsh from Padbury aircraft for making this wonderful model, to Martin Wright for his dtxbmp tool, whithout which these textures wouldn't exist, to Shessi for making me do this repaint and to kdriver who pushed me to release a CFS2 version of these textures.

This should be it.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    September 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wellesley Mk.I LRDU L2680 for CFS2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Huub, thanks very much for doing the CFS2 Long Range version.

Here she is departing Ismailia.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ismailia 1.jpg   Ismailia 2.jpg  
    Last edited by kdriver; September 12th, 2021 at 09:58.

Blog Entries

Where to find the Vickers Wesseley LRDU cfs2 version?

I did not find the CFS2 version of the Vickers Wesseley LRDU by Jeff "Jed" Marsh in the SOH library
    Can somebody give me the link to get this version

Thank you
    Beepee

Quote Originally Posted by beepee View Post
    I did not find the CFS2 version of the Vickers Wesseley LRDU by Jeff "Jed" Marsh in the SOH library
    Can somebody give me the link to get this version

Thank you
    Beepee
    Search the library using "padbury" as keyword you'll find it then

ttfn

Pete

A magnificent job on that paint job. Also i am stunned at the beauty of the scenery i see below. Can you tell me how you achieved such a photo realistic Effect? i have been working for decades now to find ways to enhance older classic sims. Those are superb photos. Chris
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Blog Entries

I have got the bird

Thank you Desert Rat and Motormouse for your help.
    I got the bird

And thank you also to you Huub for your repaints of the 2 versions of the Wesseley

Beepee

Members who have read this thread: 0