Saitek x55 issue

Thread: Saitek x55 issue

Saitek x55 issue

Recently picked up a Saitek x55 HOTAS and plugged it in and it’s perfect except one issue. The x axis is
    not working on the stick. No ailerons! Any ideas? MadCatz software maybe? Other than ailerons everything works perfect.
    thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    thanks. That's not it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    That's the fix for the X52 when the link cable between the stick and throttle goes bad. The X55 has has two seperate USB cables so doesn't need that.

It sound to me like one of the wires may have come adrift on the x axis pot. You'll probably just need to take the base off and re-solder it. There's 10 phillips head screws on the bottom, no hidden ones under the label to worry about.
    As long as your careful and keep it upside down there's nothing that should come springing out at you when you open it, just make sure that the wires are all where there supposed to be when you put the base back on so they don't get pinched.

I've had mine apart a couple of times over the years and the stick is pretty easy to work on. The throttles on the other hand are a pig to work on.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    That's the fix for the X52 when the link cable between the stick and throttle goes bad. The X55 has has two seperate USB cables so doesn't need that.

It sound to me like one of the wires may have come adrift on the x axis pot. You'll probably just need to take the base off and re-solder it. There's 10 phillips head screws on the bottom, no hidden ones under the label to worry about.
    As long as your careful and keep it upside down there's nothing that should come springing out at you when you open it, just make sure that the wires are all where there supposed to be when you put the base back on so they don't get pinched.

I've had mine apart a couple of times over the years and the stick is pretty easy to work on. The throttles on the other hand are a pig to work on.
    That's what I'm thinking also DB. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0