SSW TF-104G Tease to Please

Thread: SSW TF-104G Tease to Please

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I read some time ago that there also was to be an MS2020 version of the single-seat F-104G. Is this still the case? I like single-seaters more...

Last I posted and heard (on SSW's Facebook page), they aren't thinking about doing an F-104G, since MS's rules (supposedly) prohibit selling anything with weapons. I told them-- who cares-- MSFS is not a "shoot em up" game anyway, so I don't need any stinking weapons. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, however, and see them release a single seat -G variant as well. Just give me the same external store options as the TF- has (tip and underwing tanks), and I'll be thrilled. LOVE Zippers!

Kent

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Last I posted and heard (on SSW's Facebook page), they aren't thinking about doing an F-104G, since MS's rules (supposedly) prohibit selling anything with weapons. I told them-- who cares-- MSFS is not a "shoot em up" game anyway, so I don't need any stinking weapons. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, however, and see them release a single seat -G variant as well. Just give me the same external store options as the TF- has (tip and underwing tanks), and I'll be thrilled. LOVE Zippers!
    MS has rules indeed agains weapons shown. However the rules seems to be loosed a bit lately so i understand with the release of the F-14.

- Weapons can not be show in preview and inSim Thumbnails etc
    - However if they can the triggered (by payload etc) inSim that's allowed.

Marcel

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Weapons or not; just an F-104G wih wingtip tanks (or even without) would be enough for me. I hope that one day SSW or somebody else will make an F-104G for DCS.
    We had an F-104G in FSX. That one did not have (deployable) weapons and you had to buy extra software (I forgot the name) to give it weapons. So an 'unarmed' F-104G seems possible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    We had an F-104G in FSX.
    IIRC that would've been Captain Sim as well as SSW, wasn't it ? I prefered the looks of the CS rendition, both modeling and textures and inside and outside. It may have been that SSW had a better go at the boundary effect than CS did but could also have been the other way around. Again IIRC they both featured fairly good soundsuites including the howl. Loved playing around with that ( i went to Leeuwarden many times on my moped ( a white Puch with high 'chopper' handle bar of course, what else.. and back and forth over the Afsluitdijk ! ;-) especially to hear these extraordinairy howling sounds.

Not sure why exactly but i have always perfered trainer/two seater aircraft over single cockpit ones (apart from the Spitfire twoseater and other likewise adapted propfighters). Usually they just look better to me with an extended cockpit/canopy. F-104, F-100, F-106, A-4, A-7, various Mirages, Saab Draken, andsoforth, undsoweiter. Also you're not all alone and by yourself up there out into the great blue yonder.

For a third time IIRC, we never had a Staf twoseater in FSX, did we ?

Looking forward to this SSW twoseat edition. I'd bet they'll do a single seater as well sooner or later. And i'd love to bet CS will do one too but it is starting to look like that'll be a fat chance.

My understanding is that MSFS doesn't have anything against planes with weapons in MSFS, you just can't sell them with weapons in the MSFS store. Which is why I don't buy through the MSFS store. Besides, you get updates faster by buying directly from the creator of the add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Weapons or not; just an F-104G wih wingtip tanks (or even without) would be enough for me. I hope that one day SSW or somebody else will make an F-104G for DCS.
    We had an F-104G in FSX. That one did not have (deployable) weapons and you had to buy extra software (I forgot the name) to give it weapons. So an 'unarmed' F-104G seems possible to me.
    Agree with you TOTALLY. All I care about is being able to do a combo of tip and underwing tanks only. If there is nothing prohibiting other loadouts, fine...But I WANT my single seater with the same options as the TF-!

Kent

(aka Starfighter freak)

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Kent, I am glad that I am not the only one! SSW: I am sure that you read these posts, and I am a big fen of your work (I have most of your FSX aircraft).
    Best regards,
    Hans

This will definitely be my first purchase if I ever go to MSFS. To be ever so picky though, didn't the Puerto Rico ANG machines sport a refueling probe??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-104D PRANG.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	488.4 KB 
ID:	84141

Hope all are well

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 0