Question

Thread: Question

Question

Do CFS2 planes work in FS9? Lot's of planes to download if so lol

Mostly, some airfile's may behave a little differently, engine's cutting out when starting a flight has been common for me but a tweak to the air sorts that, there may be problems with texture's also, props, glass ect, but usually fixable. Install what you like and see what happens

Mostly yes, if it was made with gmax or fsds2 ( or later)
    No problem, you will need to remove any dp file,
    ( CFS2 damage profile) , and add the ui section into the cfg file to start.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Mostly, some airfile's may behave a little differently, engine's cutting out when starting a flight has been common for me but a tweak to the air sorts that, there may be problems with texture's also, props, glass ect, but usually fixable. Install what you like and see what happens.
    If a CFS2 plane looks good in FS9 but flies poorly, you could adapt the flight files from an FS9 model of a similar FS9 plane. For example, a CFS2 single engine fighter doesn't fly well, take the flight files from an FS9 single engine fighter with similar performance and adapt them, using the contact points, lights and whatever other sections don't match up from the CFS2 cfg file.

They often do, I always try to convert them to FS9 with FRHED (a HEX-editor). Also often there's a problem with the gauges (not well working or in the wrong place) and often they have only a rudimentary VC (IF they have a VC).

hertzie

I should've added that some older models lose their props and possibly other animations in FS9, just as some old FS8 models do. If you try a plane and that happens, don't think it will happen with all of them. It won't with most of them.

Members who have read this thread: 0