Free models from Sim Skunk Works!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free models from Sim Skunk Works!

Free models from Sim Skunk Works!

Hi,
    next interesting move (for us for sure ) from developer of P3D/FSX market.
    So models like F-104 series, Tornado, Gina, F-84 and Harrier will be for free (P3D versions).

https://secure.simmarket.com/simskunkworks.mhtml

SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS..that we receive from the ′′ usual known ′′ free, unnecessary and often unreasonable criticism about the quality of our products and also the support we give to our customers.
    We don't claim to say that our products are perfect, no software is, nor can we claim to have 100 % of our approval, it would be a false statistic.
    So in front of the thousands of distributed products and the hundreds of appreciation received on almost every forum some voice out of the choir and it's welcome because it consolidates the statistic in our favor.
    After a more careful analysis, it turns out that the most clever criticisms have at least two characteristics in common:
    - they come almost exclusively from Italian users (but since I'm a patriot I like to redefine them ′′ Italioti ′′)
    - they usually come from a small group of sedicent ′′ simmers ′′ who, in the Italian way, believe themselves to be simulation and flight geniuses while, in my opinion, and I can speak with knowledge of the cause, they know the ′′ aeronautical ′′ matter as I know Sanskrit Ancient.
    They say that thinking wrong is a sin but you often get it right: it will be that this scattered group of Italians has it against us because a while ago we didn't take into consideration their not even so veiled proposal to act as a beta-tester for ours Products?
    It may be a coincidence, but they're almost all concentrated in a group, evidently they know each other, search each other and find each other, for the best.
    They think in the Italian way:
    ′′ If something doesn't work out the way I want it to and instead works regularly for thousands of other users, then it means that everyone else is to blame and software, without thinking that in many cases it's a local problem, maybe during the installation something is went wrong, or graphics card settings, etc.."
    Instead of asking for support trying to provide all the necessary information to those who without being able to replicate the problem should solve it, they often claim in a rude way that they have the problem solved right to cover up their inability I'm not saying to solve it but also to try to investigate the problem causes of the same, because by now we know that there aren't two PCs with Windows that are ′′ standard ′′ and have the same characteristics.
    In short, if criticism comes from intelligent, prepared and educated people they are well accepted, if instead they come from ′′ Italiots ′′ like them then they arouse our hilarity, which in these days also helps us keep our morale up.
    If they haven't decided yet, let's renew the invitation to NOT buy our products, we willingly avoid users like them, better lose them.
    Quoting Umberto Eco:
    ′′ Internet He gave the imbeciles right to speak: first they spoke only at the bar and immediately they were silenced ′′

Now a consideration on FSX / P4D etc..
    For a long time we've written on various sides that the SSW would stop developing for P4D, the reasons are both commercial and technical, for FSX the reason is obvious: it's obsolete software, as for P4D we've also been disappointed by the recent versions in Particularly the v 5 that forced us into several changes without having real advantages.
    In response to this decision, we have now lowered the prices of FSX / P3D products to a risable price: 10 10 and we have removed the keys, now we'll take another step: we'll put ′′ FREE ′′ all products for FSX / P3D.
    In a few days FSX / P3D products will be free on the distribution platforms we use: SimMarket and JustFlight,

We need to consolidate agreement with these distributors, we'll let you know when they're available
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, it is a good news for P3D pilots who are going to get some really nice freeware models. However, it's not such a good news to see such a good developer of military aircraft leave the P3D world...
    I absolutely loved their F-104. Yes, the 3D modeling and texturing was not perfect... but man, their planes fly like a dream, and their sounds were excellent.
    I really hope they can compensate all the their troubles with the sales volumes over on the MSFS side. Their F104 will be a sure-buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Well, it is a good news for P3D pilots who are going to get some really nice freeware models. However, it's not such a good news to see such a good developer of military aircraft leave the P3D world...
    I absolutely loved their F-104. Yes, the 3D modeling and texturing was not perfect... but man, their planes fly like a dream, and their sounds were excellent.
    I really hope they can compensate all the their troubles with the sales volumes over on the MSFS side. Their F104 will be a sure-buy for me.
    The same. I also like his models (and I have near the whole set). What is good they always gives something more than standard's addons like more usable avionics, maps or a working weapon system .
    For me, it is one (of few) of the best producers of P3D addons.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I expect a lot more developers dumping the legacy sims. I can still see quite a bit of market in P3D v4.x, but P3D v5.x is a nightmare. And FSX is indeed quite simply obsolete software.

The future is called MSFS, and like Daube, I'm looking forward to their TF-104G!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I expect a lot more developers dumping the legacy sims. I can still see quite a bit of market in P3D v4.x, but P3D v5.x is a nightmare. And FSX is indeed quite simply obsolete software.

The future is called MSFS, and like Daube, I'm looking forward to their TF-104G!

Cheers,

Priller
    It's unfortunate, but all too true.

Dave

From 1th of September, they will for free, confirmed:

SSW PRODUCTS FOR PREPAR3D v 5.X SET FREEAs we announced in a post below from September 1st all our products for P3D v 5.x will be free on Simmarket.de.
    Products for FSX and P3d v 4 will be removed from distribution and no longer supported.
    A removed product is not listed in the shop's catalogue and search results annymore.
    Only customers who already own a licence or copy will still see the product in their order history, and downloads will still function as before.
    As far Just Flight is concerned we are still negotiating the initiative, as soon ready we will notify you.

P3D/FSX models are free from now:

https://secure.simmarket.com/simskunkworks.mhtml

Thanks for the headsup. Does not surprise me - another developer punting on MSFS for their future. A few more for the historical hangar of flight sim - way it is.

Hi YoYo,

Are these products only P3Dv5 compatible? Or can it be used for v4 as well?

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Hi YoYo,

Regards,
    Zsolt
    Hi,
    The best is : TRY!
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Hi YoYo,

Regards,
    Zsolt
    Dont know, v5 ready, perhaps some functions will have problem in v4. They stop to support the other platform, just v5 and MSFS (payware).

Very generous of them.

But where do I download the textures ?, the link for their homepage seems to be dead.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Very generous of them.

But where do I download the textures ?, the link for their homepage seems to be dead.
    Same here where do you get the textures?
    The answer comes in an email from Sim Market.

You should have received an email with assorted Dropbox links to all the additional files including textures.
    I'll add a rider: I downloaded the files from Sim Market. Everything worked.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks guys, I hadn't checked my email yet.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

No textures and no email! Oh my!

Corvette99,

check your PMs...

Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    Corvette99,

check your PMs...

Andrew
    Thanks Andrew

Checked the old website as I never downloaded updates for the Tornado and Harrier to put in P3Dv4. Anyone check these in v4.5 yet?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I just got the shock of my life when I tried to start the F84 with Ctrl E
    I guess you have to start these bird by the book.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    Corvette99,

check your PMs...

Andrew
    Thanks again, but do you have the textures for the 2 F-104s also?

Ssw ctd

Thanks to all above for the help and advice , I have managed to get the harrier installed and in the "Aircraft select " menu all the liveries show up but I get CTC when I load it ??
    also Is it necessary to install the SSW vACMI (virtual Air Combat Maneuver Installation) Which apparently "must be installed," ??

thanks in advance

I'm glad the Tornado was free as I've tried everything to make it work but I can't get past Crt + shift + R which closes the canopy but I can't alter the wing sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    I'm glad the Tornado was free as I've tried everything to make it work but I can't get past Crt + shift + R which closes the canopy but I can't alter the wing sweep.
    If you want displayable loads, you're going to need vACMI. Do you have it installed?
    Have you used the Configurator?

Once you have used the <ctrl>+<shft>+"R", there should be a voice that tells you when to start the engines using <ctrl>+"E". On completion of the startup sequence, a voice should then tell you when to take off.
    Externally, you should look like the first picture above.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

If you want displayable loads, you're going to need vACMI. Do you have it installed? YES
    Have you used the Configurator? YES

Once you have used the <ctrl>+<shft>+"R", there should be a voice that tells you when to start the engines using <ctrl>+"E". On completion of the startup sequence, a voice should then tell you when to take off. YES
    Externally, you should look like the first picture above.

Dave
    Most of the cockpit switches click but don't move or have any effect. I cant alter the wing sweep
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 8