Keith Paine Percival Vega Gull & Proctor plus Skinpacks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Paine Percival Vega Gull & Proctor plus Skinpacks

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Keith Paine Percival Vega Gull & Proctor plus Skinpacks

Hello everybody,
    I need some help on a texture problem.
    I have converted Keith Paine's Percival K3 Vega Gull, originally made for FS 2004, and painted a whole bunch of textures (RAF, Fleet Air Arm, RAAF, RNZAF, Luftwaffe...), but I have a texture problem with the front appearance of the propeller, which is transparent, whatever type of texture I applied.
    Could someone find me a solution?
    Moreover, a proper airfile and a decent DP files are needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCS01.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	84053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCS01.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	84054
    I'll upload the texture packs as soon as I get a solution to both problems (Propeller texture and Airfile+DP)
    François

Try it without a texture... If you wish, I can help with the airfile and the DP

Cheers

Pepe

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hi nPepe,

You're welcome if you want to help for both DP and Air file. I never could take of with the air files I've been using till now.

I'll try your no texture solution this evening, and keep you informed.

François

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi there, I've never seen a CF2 airfile as only have FS9 & FSX to play with, so at this moment cannot help converting my airfiles. What do you mean about a DP?
    From memory the prop texture was applied in Gmax as a texture percentage to make it see through from the front & the rear face a standard texture, again with a percentage density. I am happy to modify my model & .mdl file & send to you, but I will need assistance as I will be flying 'blind'!
    P.M.me with whatever you need & can then discuss.
    Regards
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi there, I've never seen a CF2 airfile as only have FS9 & FSX to play with, so at this moment cannot help converting my airfiles. What do you mean about a DP?
    From memory the prop texture was applied in Gmax as a texture percentage to make it see through from the front & the rear face a standard texture, again with a percentage density. I am happy to modify my model & .mdl file & send to you, but I will need assistance as I will be flying 'blind'!
    P.M.me with whatever you need & can then discuss.
    Regards
    Keith

P.S., Just have had a very quick look at the Air file of a FW190 from CFS2 & I would make sure that you have deselected the autopilot if you are unable to take off -secondly add files from a n other aircraft in CFS 2 items between item 312 & 318, & see if it will fly.
    Hope that makes sense have a migrain.
    Regards
    Keith

Differences between CFS 2 and FS9 airfiles

In CFS2 the performance and technical specifications are registered in the airfile. In FS9, a lot of info stay in Aircraft.cfg. Dev One, your original airfile has not enough info to fly the plane in CFS2 environment. I'm working on it. About the propeller textures, you choose an approach that is perfect for FS9 (six textures), but generates a lot of problems at CFS2 display. I tested it without the prop textures.

Attachment 84105

By the way, Dev One

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Cheers

Pepe

Dev One, about the DP

The DP files serves to locate and measure damage in combat.

Cheers

Pepe

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    In CFS2 the performance and technical specifications are registered in the airfile. In FS9, a lot of info stay in Aircraft.cfg. Dev One, your original airfile has not enough info to fly the plane in CFS2 environment. I'm working on it. About the propeller textures, you choose an approach that is perfect for FS9 (six textures), but generates a lot of problems at CFS2 display. I tested it without the prop textures.

Attachment 84105
    Peperez, Thanks for your thanks!
    As for the airfile I have found that one can reduce a lot of entries in FS9 & FSX, but one needs item 105 I think if it is for FSX. Now I am suggesting that you can add or subtract some items so that they match a known good aircraft in CFS2. Sometimes the values dont matter, it just needs a valid entry title.
    An interesting read is: Flight Dynamics in MSFS V1.0 by Yves Guillaume, which I downloaded from somewhere - cant remember but he gives his website(?) as fsfan(AT)interqqa.ch might be of some help (or confusion!)
    Regards
    Keith

P.S. I think window glass same as prop, if thats any help! K

I'm already flying it...

I need to get a proper panel bitmap. Yours stay too high at the simulator and you can get no front vision ahead in 2D panel.

Cheers

Pepe

SOH-CM-2023
    Pepe,
    By size of 2D panel background do you mean capability on using the panel.cfg in my kit where it says size = 1024 for file=K3_2D_cockpit#1.bmp which you will find in the panel folder? I think CFS2 can only take 512 pixels. is that correct? I suppose it wont work if you change the 1024 to 512, or will it? If it does then you will need to scale the position & sizes of all the instruments in the Main Panel list. Now if the .bmp needs scaling down can you not do that by opening K3_2D_cockpit#1.bmp in Paintshop pro or similar & rescaling that bitmap from its current 1280 x 960 size.
    If you PM me I can do that bit for you & e-mail it back to you.
    Regards
    Keith

No, CFS2 can take 1024 pixels or more. I found the perfect substitute in your Proctor...

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Pepe,
    By size of 2D panel background do you mean capability on using the panel.cfg in my kit where it says size = 1024 for file=K3_2D_cockpit#1.bmp which you will find in the panel folder? I think CFS2 can only take 512 pixels. is that correct? I suppose it wont work if you change the 1024 to 512, or will it? If it does then you will need to scale the position & sizes of all the instruments in the Main Panel list. Now if the .bmp needs scaling down can you not do that by opening K3_2D_cockpit#1.bmp in Paintshop pro or similar & rescaling that bitmap from its current 1280 x 960 size.
    If you PM me I can do that bit for you & e-mail it back to you.
    Regards
    Keith
    CFS 2 has no bellow panel view and the bitmap was just to high.

Pepe

SOH-CM-2023
    CFS 2 has no bellow panel view and the bitmap was just to high.

Pepe
    Too tall i.e. too many pixels height, or positioned too high in the panel cfg?
    Keith

An image values one thousand words...

You can see the problem and the solution here.

Attachment 84130Attachment 84131

SOH-CM-2023
    You can see the problem and the solution here.

Attachment 84130Attachment 84131
    Pepe, I see what you mean!!! Its obviously my chosen eyepoint to make my static 2D screenshot from the VC screen of my model. I didn't realise I had made such different screenies! Mind you one can move the outside view vertically in the 2D screen in FS9 & FSX, can not this be done in CFS2? And I suppose I do not concentrate on users of the 2D screen, as I prefer the VC - selfish me....
    Thanks for explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Pepe, I see what you mean!!! Its obviously my chosen eyepoint to make my static 2D screenshot from the VC screen of my model. I didn't realise I had made such different screenies! Mind you one can move the outside view vertically in the 2D screen in FS9 & FSX, can not this be done in CFS2? And I suppose I do not concentrate on users of the 2D screen, as I prefer the VC - selfish me....
    Thanks for explaining.
    Unhappily, we can't do this in CFS2...

Cheers

Pepe

PS: I'm working today...

I converted the Vega Gull, all Proctors and Petrel versions.

They are almost finished and needs small animations adjustments. I'll ask Keith Paine's authorization to upload them.

Cheers

Pepe

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello Pepe,

Good news and bravo for the work done.
    I have a whole bunch of textures prepared both for the Vega Gull and the different Proctor versions, that I prepare to be uploaded in the next days.

François

If you prefer...

I can send you the models. Just contact me!

Cheers

Pepe

François check your private messages

Thanks to Uncle TGT I corrected the models and, now, the cockpits are opening!

Cheers!

Pepe

I got the authorization!

I would upload them in a few days.

Pepe

Here they are

Attachment 84729Attachment 84730

Two Vega Gulls (one of them civilian) and five Proctors covering all military versions.

I'm just uploading them

Pepe

PS: After that, I'll upload the DS-21

Keith Paine Vega Gull & Proctor

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: I converted the excelent Percival Vega Gull and Proctors. You got two Vega Gulls and five Proctors covering all versions. Airfile and DP by me. All skins and models by Keith Paine.

Peperez

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Keith Paine Vega Gull & Proctor
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members who have read this thread: 0