Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    yeah, it would be an on/off thing, no animation in between, but I figured that didn't matter much as Ginger's hands wouldn't be animated to move it anyway. Just brainfarting.
    As I just told to Shessi, it can be developped in severals steps, it would complicate it a bit, but should be possible to show and hide the hands and arms movements decomposed. The only limit would be the final model weigh and the frame rate.

the gauges power is fantastic

Cheers
    Martin

Thanks Martin, I'll take a look.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by demile View Post
    thx hoping for a cfs 2 one n future
    Erm, the aforementioned one by Jeff Padbury Marsh fits the bill for CFS2, as that's what it was made for

Ttfn

Pete

Shessi... you might want to look at robert sanderson"s tin opener hurricane.... it has the oxygen mask height feature and it' s not operated by any gauge.... and even works in cfs2.

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    Mine doesn't start either. Went over the readme ,didn't miss anything there. Tried priming , no go.
    hi there
    increase the power scalar to 1.0 in cfg and bingo away ya go. it does leap forward on start so, stick and back brakes on
    cheers
    greycap

G,
    I appreciate the comment is to help, but this then makes the ac way over powered, and as you say, it leaps forward at start-up.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but only two people out of the 147 DL's have said anything, quite a few of the 147 being active members and they have not said anything. As said before I think it's how you have your default flight or left the last flight that's the issue. It's just I wouldn't want you both have an 'over' powered 'Spitfire-like' experience in a Defiant!

Mav,
    Hmmmm very interesting Mr Bond, thanks I'll take a look at that.

Cheers

Shessi

Just flown mine tonight, another hit guys , and no problems with engine's either.

I increased power scalar to 1.0 and the plane starts just fine with no jumping. Does not seem overpowered in any way. I just had a problem and now it is fixed .

Works great for me too. Very nice indeed, thank you both.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I increased power scalar to 1.0 and the plane starts just fine with no jumping. Does not seem overpowered in any way. I just had a problem and now it is fixed .
    H3,
    Ok, no probs, you can do what you like, but it will affect the overall performance and top speed, which will be unrealistic. If you're happy then that's the main thing!

Huub, Ian, Jamie, thanks for the comments, Chris does drop in here now and then, so he'll be pleased that's it's being well received.

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    H3,
    Ok, no probs, you can do what you like, but it will affect the overall performance and top speed, which will be unrealistic. If you're happy then that's the main thing!

Huub, Ian, Jamie, thanks for the comments, Chris does drop in here now and then, so he'll be pleased that's it's being well received.

Cheers

Shessi
    Somewhat late to the party, but both Chris's & Dave Molys are over powered according to AFSD both giving 1500HP at SL 3000 RPM, so can do 350+kts. I Have done & put Engine scalar up to 1.0 as starting never likes that value below about 0.99! Have done A quick & dirty guess at table 508 & 509, but still need more reduction as getting 1200 ish HP, but speed OK if I throttle back to 90%, so I will have another try tomorrow If I can get off my leash......
    I presume Dave was approached to use his gauges etc?
    Different approach to textures, nice one.
    Regards
    Keith - tell me to p...off if you dont want me to play about - thats just me I'm afraid, just trying to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    G,
    I appreciate the comment is to help, but this then makes the ac way over powered, and as you say, it leaps forward at start-up.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but only two people out of the 147 DL's have said anything, quite a few of the 147 being active members and they have not said anything. As said before I think it's how you have your default flight or left the last flight that's the issue. It's just I wouldn't want you both have an 'over' powered 'Spitfire-like' experience in a Defiant!

Mav,
    Hmmmm very interesting Mr Bond, thanks I'll take a look at that.

Cheers

Shessi
    can the drag be used to slow it down a bit , if so which param? can I alter . I can only work in the cfg file as air files are way above my pay grade

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Shessi... you might want to look at robert sanderson"s tin opener hurricane.... it has the oxygen mask height feature and it' s not operated by any gauge.... and even works in cfs2.

Cheers mav
    Mav, Thanks for this pointer- The 'Tin opener' Hurricane - this is a whole world different model to what I normally see & make - its fabulous, looks & flies like a dream & its a 2006 model. Only flown it for a few minutes but FDE fantastic. Only complaint so far is that there are not many mouse operated animations, e.g. the canopy has to be keyboard triggered. Anyway back to reason for my d/l was to investigate the oxy mask & yes I don't think its a gauge, I think its a special visibility .xml item within the 'mkmdl.parts.xml' in the 'plugins' folder in Gmax applied to the exterior model, which can be triggered by altitude, in this case about 14,000/15,000 ft. There are 5 gauges in this model to do with oxygen, but I think they are for increasing/decreasing consumption depending on altitude demand & selector position.
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    can the drag be used to slow it down a bit , if so which param? can I alter . I can only work in the cfg file as air files are way above my pay grade
    If you don't like the .air file, then the aircraft.cfg for this model already has a thrust scalar of +2.5 & a parasite drag scalar of +3.5. So I would try increasing the induced drag scalar & decreasing the thrust scalar, although I am looking at the engine bits in the .air file, whilst putting these scalars back to 1.0, as there is the possibility of non linear extremes coming into play with such large scalar correction?
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    If you don't like the .air file, then the aircraft.cfg for this model already has a thrust scalar of +2.5 & a parasite drag scalar of +3.5. So I would try increasing the induced drag scalar & decreasing the thrust scalar, although I am looking at the engine bits in the .air file, whilst putting these scalars back to 1.0, as there is the possibility of non linear extremes coming into play with such large scalar correction?
    Keith

hi
    I think I will leave it alone .as this started because it wouldn't start and I increased the power to 1.0. the type of flying I do, airshow demonstrations, viewed in tower mode i'll just throttle back when the speed gets too high.

cheers
    greycap

SOH-CM-2023
    I think I have cracked the issues I have with the .air & .cfg files. The .air file now looks similar to the tin Opener hurricane tables 508 & 509. The .cfg file has had all of the scalars returned to 1.0 including the flap lift, drag & pitch.
    HP is now about 1030 at take off, flat out speed about 264 Kts. To liven the beast up Stability on all axes returned to 1.0, but I have found if one wants better feel & reaction to reality, then make them about 0.3 or less. This I found in my new WIP model after being taken airborne in her on a rough day, so should be fairly true of other models.

P.M.me if you would like a copy of each, unless opinion wants it attached here for download.

These modified files also valid for Dave Moly's version.

Regards
    Keith

Hi Keith,
    Thanks for taking the time on this, you can post again and attach the files, which would be good.

Mav,
    Had a play with the IId, and it's a model paremeter, built in. The trouble is I don't know whether it translates into FSDS, and then what those settings are! lol I'll have a play with Martin's gauge option, and I have the manual version to fall back on, if all fails.

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2023
    aircraft.zipKPBoulton Paul Defiant MkI.zipShessi, OK I will try to upload.
    Aircraft.cfg title not changed but top line when opened gives it away! The .airfile has my initials before title, so just rename the original .cfg so it is safe to return to, whereas the .airfile is separate.
    Regards
    Keith

Not able to upload .air or .cfg files - file manager says no...help! .cfg can have .txt, but .air?
    Or should I .zip them?
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    KPBoulton Paul Defiant MkI.zip aircraft.zip

Does that work I wonder?

P.S. Yes that works OK.
    Keith

Many thanks for that Keith...keep everyone happy!..ha ha

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 4