Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9

Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9

Hi Folks,

The next model by Chris Lampard for Fs9. A Boulton Paul Defiant MkI turreted fighter. Chris has done another superb job on the modelling with a beautiful tex, I added my bits to the pot and being tested as we speak....next week.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Def I Fs9 1.jpg  

Icon26 Boulton Paul Defiant MkI for Fs9

More fun than the law allows...

Nice, although the paint work could use some additional dirt

Thanks guys for keeping this ancient simulator alive!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    More fun than the law allows...
    W, that made me larf! he he. I'm glad we're all easily pleased here....

Huub,
    Yes, very nice 'clean' tex from Chris, but with a lot of possibilities...and more to come!

Cheers

Shessi

Oops, someone got their 264 squadron codes round the wrong way there on the starboard side by look of it..should be PS o A or A o PS, take a gander at photo archive here

http://264squadron.co.uk/history/

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    How does it compare with Dave Molys version? Please let me know where to d/l Chris' version.
    Keith

Thanks Pete, has been amended!

Hi Keith,
    I will upload it to SOH soon, and although Dave's one was very good with an excellent VC, Chris's is a definite improvement on the external model. I know you helped develop Dave's version, so see what you think.

In lineage, we have Jed Padbury's, Kaz Ito's, Dave Moly's and now Chris's..I think improving each time...horse for courses.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi can it have somthing to do with the "usb powersaving" options of Windows?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Thanks Pete, has been amended!

Hi Keith,
    I will upload it to SOH soon, and although Dave's one was very good with an excellent VC, Chris's is a definite improvement on the external model. I know you helped develop Dave's version, so see what you think.

In lineage, we have Jed Padbury's, Kaz Ito's, Dave Moly's and now Chris's..I think improving each time...horse for courses.

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks Shessi, I will keep an eye out for it, & yes it is nice to know that another pair of eyes has improved an already nice machine. Not heard from Dave for a while...hope he is OK, must e-mail him.
    i've still not completed all my move in jobs - got a new one the other day - perishing dog escaped under my temporary gate when wife was out .....so new solid gate under construction, so my job for Dave Farrow on hold.......
    Keith

The Defiant by Jeff "Padbury" Marsh is a great model for cfs2/FS2002 aircraft, but sadly not compatible with FS9. Like with more older models the animated parts will not appear.

Cheers,
    Huub

Strangely the turretless version of Jeff 'Jed' Marsh's works fine in FS9. Looking at the models it seems he switched from FSDS1 to 2 in-between these models. So takes a shine, and animates fine.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=102586&sort=d

Screenie is an old CFS2 one, all I had handy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Defiant (4).jpg  

Its funny because I must have an older incompatible version somewhere on a back-up disk. I have now downloaded this one. After some minor changes it is quite a nice model. I have replaced the prop texture by one I made for the MC.202, I have changed the textures size in the VC section of the panel configuration file to 1024 instead of the 512 for CFS2. This sharpens the gauges.

The textures could use a remake, but I'm currently busy with other things, so I will add them to my endless to do list...... But I'm afraid it will end below the repaints I have in mind for the Chris Lampard's Defiant!

Cheers,
    Huub

Boulton Paul Defiant MkI

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: A new model of a Boulton Paul Defiant MkI, a British WWII turreted fighter and night fighter, by Chris Lampard.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Boulton Paul Defiant MkI
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks guys! Cool animations And as you can see I did read the readme

Cheers,
    Huub

Demile,
    Yes, soon....

Huub,
    Ha ha...good man! Actually you can mix the ani's, by pressing the opposite key input, as they are working, makes the turret do weird things, but looks good.

I would really like someone to make a gauge that could trigger oxygen masks to be automatically put on at a certain height. The way I've done it is half-way there, and adds a bit of realism I think.

Cheers

Shessi

Oxygen Masks

I would really like someone to make a gauge that could trigger oxygen masks to be automatically put on at a certain height. The way I've done it is half-way there, and adds a bit of realism I think.
    Hello Folks
    Shessi, first thanks for this beautifull model

I can try to make a show/hide C gauge for masks to appear over a certain heigh, the problem for it in models made with Gmax will be that gauges show threw the other materials in external models, but may be it's different with FSDS models (?)

Over what heigh should it be set up?

Keep on the good work, cheers
    Martin

Could you link the oxygen masks to the mixture control levers? As you climb and thin the mixture the masks could be set to animate at a desired mixture %? And iirc that animation works in CFS2 aswell, could be mistaken though.

Downloaded but haven't installed it yet as since reinstalling W10 on a M.2 drive I haven't managed to get everything up and running so far. Thus haven't discovered how you have implemented it.

Just uploaded to SOH.....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=28378

Cheers

Shessi
    hi there
    I cant seem to get it to start . am I missing something
    cheers
    greycap

Mine doesn't start either. Went over the readme ,didn't miss anything there. Tried priming , no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Could you link the oxygen masks to the mixture control levers? As you climb and thin the mixture the masks could be set to animate at a desired mixture %? And iirc that animation works in CFS2 aswell, could be mistaken though..
    Yes, it can be linked to the mixture control lever as well, but it won't be really an animation, the unfitted masks would be shown when the fitted ones not in a certain mixture value fork, and vice-versa in an other value fork, it needs one geometrie for each mask state, so a fitted one and an unfitted one.
    I'll make a gauge for the altitude solution, under and over 8000 feets, if it works and the gauges are not visibles threw all other parts, I'll try the mixture possibility, and you will choose

Cheers
    Martin

GC, H3,
    Hmmm, odd as I've not seen or heard this prob. What I would say, is choose the C172 standard ac, and have it started on the runway, save that flight, then choose the Defiant. It will be in a started state, kill engine and then re-start, if it restarts then kill engine and save flight. This should re-set parameters.

M,
    TBH to make it simple, I would say we need a 'virtual' transparent gauge that triggers the wearing of the oxygen masks, based on height. It would be good to have an activation that allows the gradual animation of the wearing of the masks, say from 8,000 to 10,000ft (2500/3000m). If this is not possible, then show/hide masks will do. And if this is height related, it can possibly works in other sims as well. Many thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

yeah, it would be an on/off thing, no animation in between, but I figured that didn't matter much as Ginger's hands wouldn't be animated to move it anyway. Just brainfarting.

M,
    TBH to make it simple, I would say we need a 'virtual' transparent gauge that triggers the wearing of the oxygen masks, based on height. It would be good to have an activation that allows the gradual animation of the wearing of the masks, say from 8,000 to 10,000ft (2500/3000m). If this is not possible, then show/hide masks will do. And if this is height related, it can possibly works in other sims as well. Many thanks.
    Shessi, the gauge I sent you has only two steps, but one can imagine intermediary geometries, if you have a look at my last Re8 (the CFS2 version), the throttle is "animated" by eleven different parts, hidden and shown respectively by gauges, the movement isn't perfectly fluid, but makes some illusion. let me know what you would need.

Cheers
    Martin

Members who have read this thread: 4