New Duxford Scenery Released - 10/8/21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Duxford Scenery Released - 10/8/21

New Duxford Scenery Released - 10/8/21

https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu

A few weeks ago I became aware through Facebook that a new, very detailed and very accurate scenery depiction of Duxford was in the works for MSFS. I was then able to find this video posted by the developer on Youtube. It is mentioned in the comments that he hopes to have it completed and released around mid-September!

I know that there are many members here that were, or still are, using the fantastic ACG Duxford scenery in FSX/P3D, and this looks like a truly worthy successor, with the same level of care and attention to detail.

This screenshot was shared on Facebook, I believe by the same individual making the scenery. Note that all of the people/bystanders are 3D objects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 226717717_1888771534635489_7534138496189878051_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 8th, 2021 at 12:49.

Now that is what I call brilliant news!! I'm going to be all over this thing!

Thanks for the pointer John!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Looks really good.
    I hope he gives the option for airshow or non airshow though.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks for the heads up John, it's looking great already.

That's great. Been there many times, awesome place and great events.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Last time i was there was 2002.
    But I will always remember that awesome weekend.

I in 1999 for the first time and in 2016 for the last time The place is magical!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Certainly looks impressive. Slightly concerned about the frame rate impact with all those people being 3d objects.
    I'm still using the old ACG Duxford which ports over quite well, but an up to date native version would be most welcome.
    Any idea if it's going to be payware or freeware?

"I know that there are many members here that were, or still are, using the fantastic ACG Duxford scenery in FSX/P3D, and this looks like a truly worthy successor"

Come to that, I might not be the only dinosaur (pterodactyl?) still to have it in FS2004
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Dave, with regard to being payware or freeware, I'm not sure. I don't know if he has released any other addons in the past.

Dhasdell, I had completely forgotten that ACG made their Duxford scenery for FS2004 as well. I remember that there were a few different Duxford scenery addons to choose from for FS2004 (a few different freeware and one payware (from the UK2000 airports)).
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 22nd, 2021 at 08:31.

Great looking shots. Lookin forward to flying some of my old warbirds in and out of there. AH, hurry up with that dc-3
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Great looking shots. Lookin forward to flying some of my old warbirds in and out of there. AH, hurry up with that dc-3
    As with many sceneries in MSFS this is spoilt by the cabbage field grass which I assume is default MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    As with many sceneries in MSFS this is spoilt by the cabbage field grass which I assume is default MSFS.
    Honestly, that is nit picking... Sorry about that. Look at the grass in legacy sims!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Wow, Stunning! Looks like a huge amount of work to bring this off. Would love to see some AI warbirds flying through.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Its been released: https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu

This is going to be a great weekend for flight simming!

Thanks for the heads up John.

Thanks for the HU John, downloading now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Its been released: https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu

This is going to be a great weekend for flight simming!
    Indeed it will be! Thanks for the HU John!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

As a regular visitor to Duxford over the years I have to say that this scenery looks outstanding!!

Looks fairly good. I wonder if there will be any screenshots?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Not much left to say but, "Thank-you!"

...sure captures the Duckie feel nicely...

Yes, it's quite good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dux01a.jpg   dux02a.jpg   dux03a.jpg  

Interested in some authentic sightseeing flights out of the new Duxford field?

Here are three FlightAware tracks from within the past week. The first two are from DH.89 Dragon Rapide G-AIDR,one of the Duxford-based D.H.89s that is represented (in an older paint job) by a livery for Dave Garwood's converted plane. The first one is a 2-hour jaunt that I have seen repeated a few times. Take off from Duxford, look around Cambridge a bit, do a few low passes over Duxford (this is the flat bit that the tracker didn't pick up), then down to London, look around the sights near the Thames, back to Duxford. Most of the flight at 2,500 feet. Takes 2 hours but you probably could trim it to one if you skipped Cambridge and the display passes. The second one is a figure-8 pattern with beat-ups of the field. Takeoff was to the west and the pattern was right-hand around the top half of the 8, left-hand around the bottom. The third track is Spitfire PR.XI G-PRXI, first stooging around Cambridge, then Newmarket, then Haverhill. Lots of low beat-ups, never higher than 2,000 feet, and the whole trip took just 35 minutes because, you know, it's a Spitfire. Pretty much what you would do if you had one.

Enjoy!

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dux05.jpg   dux06.jpg   dux07.jpg  

It is good to be home again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dux04a.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0