Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I really like that the grass runway no longer uses the default MSFS grass texture, and the grass of the grounds around the hangars/tarmac is now adjusted to blend with the aerials.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; October 9th, 2021 at 11:42.

Hello John

So how can the grass be replaced?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Hello John

So how can the grass be replaced?
    It is a fix included in the updated files, as Marcel linked to above (the no people version includes the updated grass textures as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It is a fix included in the updated files, as Marcel linked to above (the no people version includes the updated grass textures as well).
    Thank you,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Improved in version 1.1

Shame about the lod pop-up issues on some buildings, but otherwise very nice.

I love the colours and patterns in the surrounding fields at Duxford. I remember a video of an airshow incident where, a pilot had to put his P51D in the field short of the runway, due to engine failure. I think about that on my approach on that end of the strip. The pilot walked away thankfully, and I've seen his interview after talking about how his helmet GoPro footage shows him following emergency procedures to the letter. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    I love the colours and patterns in the surrounding fields at Duxford. I remember a video of an airshow incident where, a pilot had to put his P51D in the field short of the runway, due to engine failure. I think about that on my approach on that end of the strip. The pilot walked away thankfully, and I've seen his interview after talking about how his helmet GoPro footage shows him following emergency procedures to the letter. Amazing.
    Here is that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnODYKx5ics

The incident happened in 2017, and the aircraft was back flying again a year later (now painted as "Contrary Mary"), and it was able to participate in Flying Legends 2018 with Mark Levy as its pilot once again. To help speed along the aircraft's repair, it gained an entirely new wing, which had already been rebuilt in the US and was not tied to any project.

I'm really looking forward to the Microsoft/Asobo Reno Air Races addon so that we'll to have some Mustangs (with accurate repaints planned of UK & European based restored examples) to fly around this Duxford scenery - one of the Mustang models that will be included with that Reno addon ("Lady B") is outwardly essentially the same as a good 75% of the D-model Mustangs flying today world wide, making an excellent base for a great many repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The incident happened in 2017, and the aircraft was back flying again a year later (now painted as "Contrary Mary"), and it was able to participate in Flying Legends 2018 with Mark Levy as its pilot once again. To help speed along the aircraft's repair, it gained an entirely new wing, which had already been rebuilt in the US and was not tied to any project.

I'm really looking forward to the Microsoft/Asobo Reno Air Races addon so that we'll to have some Mustangs (with accurate repaints planned of UK & European based restored examples) to fly around this Duxford scenery - one of the Mustang models that will be included with that Reno addon ("Lady B") is outwardly essentially the same as a good 75% of the D-model Mustangs flying today world wide, making an excellent base for a great many repaints.
    2017?? It seems like it happened just yesterday....

John, do you have word that we can in fact fly the Mustangs in the full sim and fly anywhere? That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    John, do you have word that we can in fact fly the Mustangs in the full sim and fly anywhere? That would be awesome.
    I don't have any inside knowledge, but I don't see why they would, nor have any reason to believe that they would, only allow those aircraft to be used at Reno in the sim. If that were to be true, there would also be such an outcry that they would change it. Personally, I have seen way too many pessimistic views/ideas in the forums, both ahead of the release of MSFS and in the lead-up to updates and aircraft releases that Asobo/Microsoft have done, which were never true in the end. They may not always meet everyone's wishes (demands), but they have often exceeded my expectations and have never left me feeling disappointed, so I keep an open mind.

Some shots from a quick circuit around Duxford today. It's pretty cool that if you look into the windows of the Aircraft Restoration Company's Lancaster hangar (the one with the scaffolding in front), you can see the BBMF Lancaster being worked on.

Has anybody else had an issue getting this scenery to show in the sim? I removed a previous version. I used the correct sub-folder. I still can't get it to show! *Scratches head. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and solved it! Only thing I have not tried is trying to install the scenery version without people.
    -Witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Look out for double folders ~

Sometimes the Sim get's out of sync.

Best thing to do is these steps:
    1. remove all conflicting scenery and/of versions
    2. double check
    3. Start MSFS and start a complete flight
    4. Exit MSFS
    5. reboot your PC
    6. Install the scenery
    7. Start MSFS

Marcel

New versions available:
    https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu
    https://flightsim.to/file/22075/egsu...-airshow-addon

Please note release note:

***PLEASE NOTE**CHANGES TO SCENERY SINCE V1.2*****

This scenery is now WITHOUT PEOPLE for this DownLoad
    A new file EGSU Duxford AIRSHOW-ADDON is available which must be downloaded and installed in the Community Folder WITH this Scenery if you want people in your scenery.
    This way it allows you to have both quiet and Airshow version with minimal download space and means I only have to update one main scenery.
    The Airshow addon contains people, more parked cars and in future updates will have additional Airshow objects added.

Remember BOTH packages need to be in the community folder at the SAME TIME to have Airshow Crowds, remove the Airshow Addon to remove people.

I think this will be easier in the long term for future updates by joining two versions to one.

Hope this is not confusing, please comment for bugs and suggestions, thanks.

The Duxford AIRSHOW-ADDON avilable here... DUXFORD AIRSHOW-ADDON

Thanks, makes perfect sense to me.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Pretty sure that is my problem! Many Many thanks!
    -witt

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    New versions available:
    https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu
    https://flightsim.to/file/22075/egsu...-airshow-addon

Please note release note:

***PLEASE NOTE**CHANGES TO SCENERY SINCE V1.2*****

This scenery is now WITHOUT PEOPLE for this DownLoad
    A new file EGSU Duxford AIRSHOW-ADDON is available which must be downloaded and installed in the Community Folder WITH this Scenery if you want people in your scenery.
    This way it allows you to have both quiet and Airshow version with minimal download space and means I only have to update one main scenery.
    The Airshow addon contains people, more parked cars and in future updates will have additional Airshow objects added.

Remember BOTH packages need to be in the community folder at the SAME TIME to have Airshow Crowds, remove the Airshow Addon to remove people.

I think this will be easier in the long term for future updates by joining two versions to one.

Hope this is not confusing, please comment for bugs and suggestions, thanks.

The Duxford AIRSHOW-ADDON avilable here... DUXFORD AIRSHOW-ADDON

Champaign Lady Volunteer.

With this scenery, I've noticed the grass being very long, making it not such a great experience using the grass runway or taking screenshots around grassy areas. Well, interestingly, there was some discussion about this today on Facebook, as it turns out this is supposedly only a problem for those using Nvidia cards, such as myself, while those who run AMD cards have properly sized short grass, which looks great! It turns out, based on some leaked information from one of the individuals testing Sim Update 6, that this issue will be fixed with the release of Sim Update 6 on Tuesday.

It's so nice to have properly sized grass now in MSFS, following SU6, as well as the latest version of the Duxford scenery (v1.3).

Members who have read this thread: 0