Multiple Aircraft.cfg entry problems, again....

Thread: Multiple Aircraft.cfg entry problems, again....

Multiple Aircraft.cfg entry problems, again....

I have never figured out how to fix this. I just installed a KNUW (NAS Whidbey Island) scenery add-on into P3DV4.5. I get several error popups like the following on startup.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFG entry problems.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	83991

I go to the aircraft.cfg files for the affected aircraft (all of them are AI), but I cannot see where any entries are duplicated. So where are the problems? I have had this happen over the years I have been simming, and just don't get it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircraft cfg errors.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	83995

NC

another P-3 folder somewhere or that bird is in the cfg twice. If you don't find the duplicate, you can put an x at the end of the title and the error message will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    another P-3 folder somewhere or that bird is in the cfg twice. If you don't find the duplicate, you can put an x at the end of the title and the error message will go away.
    I too have experienced that same issue and there was a duplicate title (folder) with the same entry in the title line.

I think it's fixed. I used Add-it Pro, and all OK now. NC

MAIW are the great culprits here, I'm afraid. They add aircraft and don't assume you may already have another version.
    Great fun to track down.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0