FSGW and Windows 10

Thread: FSGW and Windows 10

FSGW and Windows 10

Hello.

I've setup FSGW on my windows 10 PC and I'm having a real problem with my FS9 installation and FSGW.

The problem with both sims is first they are sharing the FS9 cfg folder. In the FS9 cfg folder there is the FS9.cfg and FSGW.cfg files in the same folder. I can't seem to get FSGW to use it's own cfg folder and that's why I think FS9 and FSGW crashes if I refresh the aircraft or choose a different aircraft once in the cockpit.

I think FS9 and FSGW is also sharing the same scenery.cfg file somehow.

Has anyone with windows 10 had this issue and if so found a fix?

Thank you for the help.
    We’re Classic American Airlines, doing what we do best. - Classic American Airlines

Ive got 3 installs of FS9 , and i have 3 cfg's side by side, all 3 installs run fine with their own scenery and ac, i can edit the cfg's as and when i want without effecting the other's. I think its fine for the cfg's to be sharing the same folder, but im wondering where your folder is, this is my path, your's should be similer
    Windows-User's-your name-AppData-roaming-Microsoft-FS9

Im guessing you've renamed the exe in your Window's-FSGW folder to something like FSGW.exe, if you still have the FS9.exe in your FSGW folder, that will cause problems. other than that im out of ideas

Hi Kenny,

Like Ian I have multiple FS9 installs and use a 64 bits Windows10 version as operating system. Every install has its own configuration file (FS9.cfg, FSGW.cfg and FSGW.cfg) in the (normally hidden) folder already described by Ian.

Sometimes for an unknown reason there is a glitch and the scenery configuration files seems to mix, due to which I see scenery from one install in the list of another install. When this happens I just disable one of the addon sceneries and reload the sim again. When it happens the next time, I just enable the scenery again and do the mandatory reload, which always solves the problem. In all my installs I have a small airfield installed which I only use for this purpose. But this is a problem not specifically related to Windows10, as I had this also on my old machine which ran on Windows7 as well. On this machine my separate Vista Australis install was quite dominant. Which is the reason I haven't installed it on this machine (yet).

When you have renamed the executable files in the different installs correctly, they should all generate their own configuration file. That is at least my experience.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank for the help, it seem to have fixt it's self and is not crashing
    We’re Classic American Airlines, doing what we do best. - Classic American Airlines

Members +
    Glad everything is working. Great help from Huub.
    I also have multiple installs of FS2004 in Windows 10, such as Golden Wings, Vintage, Space, Ford Tri-Motor Project, Heritage, Alaska & a couple of others. This keeps my installs small'ish & prevents the occasional scenery conflict.

What is possible to save duplication of sceneries in the different installs is to share sceneries. So in my Vintage install, I'm using the scenery from the GW install, by going the the scenery library in my Vintage install & adding the GW scenery by just redirecting the library to look in GW. Simple & space saving..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 0