Expired download link for Tomcat

Thread: Expired download link for Tomcat

Expired download link for Tomcat

A couple days ago I reinstalled DCS. I bought (pre-ordered) the Tomcat from Heatblur way back in 2018. , but mistakenly thought I had a copy of the installer. Tried to download again, but the link is no longer valid. I emailed Heatblur support, but no response from them, or via Messenger on Facebook. I did a search on their forums for a answer but couldn't find any references to it.

Anyone have some advice? Thanks, NC

NC, you shouldn't have to download any installer. It should be auto linked to your DCS account. Simply click on the grid icon along the top of the main screen in DCS. It will pull up a menu of modules. Select the Tomcat and make sure it's ticked over to install. It should force a restart and will install it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    NC, you shouldn't have to download any installer. It should be auto linked to your DCS account. Simply click on the grid icon along the top of the main screen in DCS. It will pull up a menu of modules. Select the Tomcat and make sure it's ticked over to install. It should force a restart and will install it.

Oh, I already looked at that, but the Tomcat line says 3rd Party purchased, or something like that. I bought it from Heatblur, not Eagle Dynamics (DCS). NC

Hello Chief..You should be able to install all modules through "The Module Manager" Have a look at this video [speed up to 1;13] that explains how.Also if you log into your profile page via DCS you should see a complete list of DCS and 3rd Party Purchases.

Patrick

Got it! What I had missed seeing is that since I bought it from Heatblur, it will not work in Steam. No problem. So I uninstalled DCS from Steam, redownloaded, reinstalled. I just spent about 3 hours, setting controls to the point where I could at least function.

Did the Cold Start, and then Takeoff. My landing, on my own, sucked real bad, but I didn't crash!

Thanks! Pete

Flying in DCS is WAY harder than I imagined.

oh interesting. Yeah should have asked about Steam. I too purchased early directly from HeatBlur. So mine is the exact same as yours.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Got it! What I had missed seeing is that since I bought it from Heatblur, it will not work in Steam. No problem. So I uninstalled DCS from Steam, redownloaded, reinstalled. I just spent about 3 hours, setting controls to the point where I could at least function.

Did the Cold Start, and then Takeoff. My landing, on my own, sucked real bad, but I didn't crash!

Thanks! Pete

that's the becauee the Flight Models are IMHO much more realistic than anything has ever been in the FS versions thus far. In fact that Tomcat not only has an external FM but it also has an external Engine Model for BOTH types of engines. DCS models wake turbulence and jetwash.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post

Thanks! Pete

Dang!!! Sorry you had to jump through so many hoops to get it going....but happy it's working for you now.

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0