Sound ini file problem with Pucara

Thread: Sound ini file problem with Pucara

Sound ini file problem with Pucara

sound_ini-01 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

This is the message I get when loading the Pucara. I don't have my airplanes all dumped into the default "Airplanes" folder. I have six different folders (all listed in the FSX.cfg file) each for a different type of aircraft. The Pucara is in the "Military" folder and I have changed the ini files to show that as you can see in the images below.

sound_ini-02 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

sound_ini-03 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

What am I not seeing? It shouldn't be that difficult but I don't see why it can't find the ini file.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I'm certainly no expert but until someone more knowledgeable comes along, make sure you have the file "dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" installed in your panel folder.

-Bob

I downloaded the sound gauge file from the guy's site in the readme. Then I installed it in the SD folder where the ini file is located. I never got a message like yours but mine works fine. I hear all of the little clicks when selecting a switch. Give it a try. Robert

Ok, I noticed on the error message that it was using the gau gauge from the gauges folder, not the panel folder. I deleted that file and the error message went away. . .I moved the gau file from the panel folder into the SD folder as "mcanx" had done, however I still had no cockpit sounds (clicks). Then I noticed that in the error message it is looking for the aircraft name but it's spelled incorrectly (see the image at the top of the page). That name shows a Cap "A" with several accent marks and that's not how the aircraft title is done? If I knew where that message originates from I could fix the typo and maybe it would work.

NOTE: I also moved the gau file out of the SD folder and back into the main panel folder as the developer suggested in the readme. . .No Joy!

Current System Specs:

Icon17

Ed,

I had similar problems due to a custom hangar setup. The author applied everything as an absolute path using a default fsx setup. Here is what I did and it all works perfectly now.
    OFC make a backup of panel.cfg & SD\dsd_xml_sound.ini if you wish.

1) dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau goes into the panel folder

2) In the panel.cfg under the [Vcockpit02] section :
    gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0,1,1, .\SimObjects\Airplanes\FMA IA-58 Pucara\panel\SD\dsd_xml_sound.ini
    - Becomes -
    gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0,1,1, \SD\dsd_xml_sound.ini

3) This is the whole dsd_xml_sound.ini modified to work :
    Code:
    [Config]
    MaxSounds=7

[Sounds]
    Sound00=Metal_Switch.wav
    Sound01=Soft_Click.wav
    Sound02=Knob.wav
    Sound03=Unlock.wav
    Sound04=Wiper.wav

[LVars]
    LVar00=DSD_Metal_Switch_SD
    Lvar01=DSD_Soft_Click_SD
    Lvar02=DSD_Knob_SD
    Lvar03=DSD_Unlock_SD
    Lvar04=DSD_wiper_SD
    Roman

Perfect! Thank you Roman, you continue to be a Gentleman and a Scholar!

Current System Specs:

As well as the above changes, there are two more to be done if you're running either P3Dv4 or P3Dv5:

1. "dsd_fsx_xml_sound" should be replaced with "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64"
    2. The sound set alias used in the 'sound.cfg' should be changed. I suggest to "c130 Base\sound". Pucaras weren't known for being quiet.

Dave

OK ED in the panel folder or in the main gauges is the same as the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau file. I see edited "á" (accent) cfg panel and in .ini file, it also overlaps with the aricraft folder the name with accent in (á). Don't waste time replace everything with the last one from FSdeveloper

Members who have read this thread: 0