What about your "History"?

Thread: What about your "History"?

What about your "History"?

Since SU5, my HISTORY drop-down menu has been showing me the same three places;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	83896

Montreal, I would understand. It's a nearby airport where I do go from time to time. Sedona? I haven't been there since the beginning of the game when I was taking the training lessons. But Meribel was so unknown to me that I had to go there to see where it was (it took me 4 CTDs before I could get there, if you want to know ). These three locations haven't budge since SU5, although I've wander the earth in a world tour started last year!

I was about to go make a request at Zendesk but, not knowing what others are getting, it would be an incomplete report. So, what sort of "History" do you get, if any?
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I'm seeing similar, just three different airports that I've flown out of, and no change next time I run the sim. I read somewhere not long after SU5 was released that the history was broken .

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Since SU5, my HISTORY drop-down menu has been showing me the same three places;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	83896

Montreal, I would understand. It's a nearby airport where I do go from time to time. Sedona? I haven't been there since the beginning of the game when I was taking the training lessons. But Meribel was so unknown to me that I had to go there to see where it was (it took me 4 CTDs before I could get there, if you want to know ). These three locations haven't budge since SU5, although I've wander the earth in a world tour started last year!

I was about to go make a request at Zendesk but, not knowing what others are getting, it would be an incomplete report. So, what sort of "History" do you get, if any?
    This part is broken and history doesnt work now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

My "history" seems to be broken as well, but this is the case since last winter, if I'm not mistaken.
    It's always the same single airport showing there.

Agreed, my History has been stuck for many updates past...

It's a known issue - the mods on the official board are constantly closing and merging threads on this.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's a known issue - the mods on the official board are constantly closing and merging threads on this.
    SU5 has made me "twitchy" on bugs I guess. Can't remember the last time I used that functionality. So, I won't bother and will wait...

Ahahah.... I saw it too, but didn't give it any further thought, as Meribel is my home airport........
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Even before SU5, that history was sketchy. Even without state borders, I still know where to find GSO and a few others by zooming in. The rest I just key in. I suppose console users might have a more vested interest in search histories if they don't have a keyboard attached, but I'm fine with this particular issue as-is.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It was practical on long trips without a flight plan, especially while doing many treks. Now, I make a note (mentally or on paper) and I keep an open map on my secondary pc.

But it's time they fix it or loose it.

(...)as Meribel is my home airport
    Not anymore according to your profile!

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post

Not anymore according to your profile!
    In my sim it still is...... in real life we moved to Italy permanently a few years ago, and there's a little airstrip down the road, even on a slope, but nothing like Courchevel and Meribel
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    In my sim it still is...... in real life we moved to Italy permanently a few years ago, and there's a little airstrip down the road, even on a slope, but nothing like Courchevel and Meribel
    Allora, tutto è bene quel che finisce bene!

Wasn't Meribel part of the "Bush Trip" starting in Bordeaux region and finishing in the French Alps?
    -After verification= nope!

Members who have read this thread: 0