Encampment Objects UT

Thread: Encampment Objects UT

Encampment Objects UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: Encampment Infastructure Objects for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a disparate collection of infrastructure objects I created using G-Max & Allen's Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial. Pretty much all of them are multi-LOD & include custom destroyed models.

I started by repainting some of the "standard" infrastructure objects to improve their appearance in the sim, often just by making them larger & improving the details on the texture. Then I moved on to create some new objects in G-Max where I thought there were still gaps to be filled.

NOTE: Some of the textures are replacements for those you might have in your install. You might want to create back ups of those texture files before you overwrite them with these newer textures.

Camonets - A new camonet texture (DXT3 format), plus a range of 7 different camonet configurations

Ground Damage & Rubble - "fake" 3D effect brick brick rubble & smashed timber object tiles

Jerricans & Supply Dumps - a new jerrican object, & 2 varieties of POL stores. Also duplicate versions of these objects painted as Water stores, with a suitably muted DP file :-)

Oil Drums - repaints for the stock oildrum object, & wolfi's oildrums. New oildrum store objects in 2 varieties

Sacks - new stacked & scattered sack objects

Radio Aerials - a new smaller radio aerial arrangement

Revetments - new sandbag textures for the stock, Maskrider & AF emplacements & revetments

Tents - repaints for XavierBs & Maskrider's tents, using alpha channels more widely to open them up. A new First Aid Tent model, plus a depiction of the UK Army Mk5 12-man Bell Tent. Both of these in 3 different colours, green, brown & canvas.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

XavierB, Maskrider & Wolfi for leading the way with their infrastructure objects
    Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX & FXeditor, such clever & versatile tools

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    AUG 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Encampment Objects UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Great stuff UT - thanks very much!

Superb UT, many thanks.

Makes me smile when I look at that scene compared to the standard original CFS2 encampment scene...with all it's upgrades of mesh, ground tex, new objects with great tex...a million miles?? ha ha!

Cheers

Shessi

Great work, Uncle Tgt, many thanks

Martin

Hotdog! Great adds UT. Thanks!

Excellent work UT, thank you very much.

Hi UncleTGT
    Superb work
    Thanks for your efforts and thanks to the other contributors.
    Take Care
    Stuart

Lovely work and very useful. Thanks Uncle!! You have really done wonders for the SW Pacific.

Thanks guys, maybe they'll get some use, maybe not ...

Here's a couple of pics to illustrate the changes to the stock crate, revetment & oil drum objects ...

these are just texture bitmap changes, no changes to the original models at all ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inf_crates.jpg   inf_revetment.jpg   inf_oil_barrels.jpg  

A great contribution... Thank you, UT!!!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks Uncle --- you,ve got the sowing machine , in high gear

Members who have read this thread: 0