P.S. It's AVSIM.com that you want to use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, about that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (811).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	825.7 KB 
ID:	83894

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I have been good for most of the day. Contacted the tech at about 5:30 am pdst and it took only a couple of hours to fix. He stated that it may take a few more hours for all of the DNS servers to get in alignment for everyone.

Sorry for the difficulties!

P.S. It's AVSIM.com that you want to use.
    Thanks for checking into the issues with AVSIM.
    I got .com for the forum and .net for the library. At least that is what my bookmarks say.

I have read that some that use the Chrome op system had difficulties and tried Firefox and it worked. My Chromebook has been OK most all of today.

For those having a problem.....Do you always login and logout of the site each time you use it? Don't think that could be the problem, but thought I'd ask.

I sent the tech another email asking him about this situation.

Has anyone tried resetting their winsock? I found this while searching dns problems,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-08 6.41.17 PM.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	83895
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Flushed the DNS, cleared the browser cache, reset the winsock. Rebooted the computer. No luck, still no AVSIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Flushed the DNS, cleared the browser cache, reset the winsock. Rebooted the computer. No luck, still no AVSIM.
    Same here. No luck either.

AvSim is back.

I may have been onto something when I suggested that maybe they'd forgotten to pay their interweb hosting bill.

Maybe they have a small, overworked staff. Recently they didn't add anything to their library for a while because one guy was away on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    AvSim is back.

I may have been onto something when I suggested that maybe they'd forgotten to pay their interweb hosting bill.

Maybe they have a small, overworked staff. Recently they didn't add anything to their library for a while because one guy was away on vacation.
    If they are back then, only partially for some as I still cannot logon. I cannot understand why some here say they are back and can logon while some say AVSIM
    didn't pay their bill. A strange duality.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    If they are back then, only partially for some as I still cannot logon. I cannot understand why some here say they are back and can logon while some say AVSIM
    didn't pay their bill. A strange duality.
    It is back and working for most. I still have not heard back from the AVSIM tech about the login problems some are having. I am no IT guy but did some minor networking when I was working. My only other thought is if you have a router or modem for your internet service, has that been rebooted (unplugged from power...wait for a minute, then plug back in)?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    It is back and working for most. I still have not heard back from the AVSIM tech about the login problems some are having. I am no IT guy but did some minor networking when I was working. My only other thought is if you have a router or modem for your internet service, has that been rebooted (unplugged from power...wait for a minute, then plug back in)?
    No, none of the above pertain. AVSIM is the only site that I have issues with. An enigma to say the least. My router is working just fine or else I wouldn't of made this post here. There are others
    out there that are experiencing same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    No, none of the above pertain. AVSIM is the only site that I have issues with. An enigma to say the least. My router is working just fine or else I wouldn't of made this post here. There are others
    out there that are experiencing same issues.
    What's your web browser? Firefox, IE, Chrome? My thought was that the router may be holding a bad DNS for AVSIM (just AVSIM), that's why I suggested the router reboot.

Also has anyone flushed their browser cache?
    Last edited by MrZippy; August 9th, 2021 at 08:36.

Changing dns to 8-8-8-8-

Info here advising NOT to change your personal ISP:
    Changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8 will let Google spy on you even more than it does now. But if you’re already using their spyware browser for everything you do on a computer, it probably won’t make very much difference.

Charlie: I use FF and as a backup Edge. My son who lives remotely told me the link I gave him looks the same as what I see.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-chan...-to-8-8-8-8-do

It works

Looks like AVSIM is working for me now. Finally.

Works for me today. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Works for me today. Finally.
    Great! You can ignore the PM I just sent you! I guess it's taking a long time for the dns servers to make the correction in each area.

It may help next time to reboot your modem or router. Those will often times cache dns entries.

You can also do an nslookup to compare the IP Address from different DNS servers.

I have been told it takes up to 24 hours for DNS changes to work though the internet. I have never experienced it taking that long.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0