Has Avsim been hacked?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Avsim been hacked?

SOH-CM-2018

Has Avsim been hacked?

The title says it all. Went to the book mark I usually use and this is what I get.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avsim.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	83873

Went to my browser and used several different links from browser results and still get this.

Anyone else getting this?

SOH-CM-2023
    Me too. worked fine last night about 10 pm EST
    You can't take the sky from me...

Oh that stinks. I don't understand why people do this? . NC

I have an email in to the AVSIM Tech to see what is going on! It may be sever maintenance or maybe a power failure to the building where the server is.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Up in the corner is a button to "renew now." Maybe they forgot to pay their bill.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I have an email in to the AVSIM Tech to see what is going on! It may be sever maintenance or maybe a power failure to the building where the server is.

OK thanks all. Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Joe

Yep, this is new this morning. I'm guessing whoever is supposed to pay the fee did not pay the fee.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The Avsim library is up!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I just deleted all of my Avsim cookies, tried to reach the library and the main site, no joy on either.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It's back.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

It's fixed! Tech got it running!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Avsim

Still a Dead Duck for me !

The library is available right now, but the main site still down... I'm guessing there are some technical issues going on with the server.

I get main site but no Library. I got some errands to do when I get back I'll try again.

Was just on Avsim, all seems to be restored.

It's still down for me. Also, any thing that references AVSIM on Google will not load AVSIM page.

It's completely up. Those who can't log in might want to consider emptying the cache of their browsers

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    It's completely up. Those who can't log in might want to consider emptying the cache of their browsers

Priller
    Been there done that long ago....... Using FF and Edge. Both my rig and my wife's rig have same issues.

'

I did a who is:

https://www.godaddy.com/whois/result...main=avsim.com

Found interesting discussion about avsim not up for others - wonder if their hosting is down.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-down/438581/6

I just got in - main and library. Pull up a Command Prompt window and type ipconfig /flushdns​. That should let you back in.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I just got in - main and library. Pull up a Command Prompt window and type ipconfig /flushdns​. That should let you back in.
    Tom,

I tried that, even hand type it in and still not in.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.1110]
    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\xxxx>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Go into your network adapter settings and change your DNS IP's from your ISP's defaults to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - those are owned by Google and are always in the front of the line to get updated. You may need to do another flush after you make the change.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Go into your network adapter settings and change your DNS IP's from your ISP's defaults to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - those are owned by Google and are always in the front of the line to get updated. You may need to do another flush after you make the change.
    Don't think I want to do that as I am on a network that my wife an I use. My son set this up for me and I am not sure if doing what you suggested will hose things up.

All other bookmarked address work fine just not Avsim. Other sim networks work fine. Gotta be something on their end and hoping they will fix it.

Thanks anyway.

Flushed the dns, cleaned the browser cache, changed the dns. I still see what grayeagle does.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Flushed the dns, cleaned the browser cache, changed the dns. I still see what grayeagle does.
    I have been good for most of the day. Contacted the tech at about 5:30 am pdst and it took only a couple of hours to fix. He stated that it may take a few more hours for all of the DNS servers to get in alignment for everyone.

Sorry for the difficulties!

P.S. It's AVSIM.com that you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Thank you Sue for doing all that, I had a feeling the results would be the same as I can log on to other sites even flightsim it is okay. I think it has to be
    something on their side. Hope this clears up soon. I wasn't sure how to do what Tom suggested about the DNS and I didn't want to mess things up.
    Wonder if they (AVSIM) are aware that not everyone can pull up their site?

-Butch

Members who have read this thread: 0