What's happening?

Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

MSFS does not start
    It rotates during the update but nothing happens
    Has anyone else noticed this?

It only starts when I delete the Community folder

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Nope, not at all. And I'm in Europe, like you are. But I'm on Steam.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quite normal here after last hotfix.
    Best of luck

But for so long?
    What is the last update number?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

If it only starts with an empty Community folder, then something there is causing it. Replace components a couple at a time and you should find the one that's causing it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    But for so long?
    What is the last update number?
    It's 1.18.15.0, like Tom said: empty the community folder and build it back one thing at a time. Good luck!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

My version, too 1.18.15.0

For the record, my Community folder has exactly 30 items (and I feel like that's too much), and I just put a timer to the sim's startup. It was just over two and a half minutes from first click of the icon until I was on the home screen. That's much faster than it was before and I'm happy with it.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Unfortunately it didn't start for me, everything was fine in the morning
    I didn't change anything

But works with an empty Community folder? As Tom said, then it is an issue with one of your addons in the Community folder. Everything in the Community folder is loaded when the sim first starts. So if you can't get to the main menu or you crash before you get there, the issue is one of your addons.

Empty your community folder and put the addons in there one by one, restart the sim after every one of them and see when it goes wrong. Oh, and I think people here would appreciate learning when/with what addon things went wrong.

Have you looked at the administrative events in the event viewer of Windows? If the sim blocks, you should be able to see in the event viewer what went wrong with which addon.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Empty your community folder and put the addons in there one by one, restart the sim after every one of them and see when it goes wrong. Oh, and I think people here would appreciate learning when/with what addon things went wrong.

Have you looked at the administrative events in the event viewer of Windows? If the sim blocks, you should be able to see in the event viewer what went wrong with which addon.

Priller
    Thanks Priller,

"Have you looked at the administrative events in the event viewer of Windows? If the sim blocks, you should be able to see in the event viewer what went wrong with which addon."

What do you mean exactly? Where can I find this search engine?

Zsolt

Do a search in windows (magnifier next to the start button of windows in the task bar, bottom left of your screen). Type in eventvwr (that exact word) and hit enter. In the navigation pane of the window that opens, click open custom views and in that select Administrative events, go over them and see whether you can find anything.

But the easiest way is to put back the contents of the community folder one by one and starting the sim after each one. If the sim blocks again, you've found the culprit. It's not rocket science. Interpreting the administrative events is quite a bit more difficult.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

A painting seems to be problematic
    Probably part of the text is malformed
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Zsolt

Yep - bad repaints seem to be a common cause. It could be that it was a sloppy assembly to begin with, or it could also be that it was done prior to an update that rendered it unusable. That second option is more common than most would imagine.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Yep - bad repaints seem to be a common cause. It could be that it was a sloppy assembly to begin with, or it could also be that it was done prior to an update that rendered it unusable. That second option is more common than most would imagine.
    Yes, I need to pay more attention to parts of the text
    Well, it's not FSX
    Thank you,
    Zsolt

Members who have read this thread: 0