Activation Problems

Thread: Activation Problems

Hybrid View

Activation Problems

This is related to V4.5+. I no longer can remember the License ID password and the email address I purchased that version on is no longer active. . .thanks my my ISP dropping their email services. Because of that I can't just have them send me a link to get the password or make a new one. I tried sending an email to "Support" but was told they don't provide email support. . .so I've posted this in the P3D Forums but they are painfully slow in answering anything that doesn't interest them. . .so has anyone else run into a similar problem?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Alas Falcon No!. I Thought they were usually pretty good with this type of problem. Your in the hands of LM alas!

Hi falcon409
    Have a look here. Perhaps that can help you, but it seems you know that.
    https://www.prepar3d.com/contact/
    Regards
    Michel

I've always wondered what would happen if I ever had to change my email, and whether the sign-in spaces for email actually
    pinged the email typed in to see if it was still functional or the same as the one actually being used, or if it was simply a pre-
    password space like your secret passwords, but not actually requiring a still functioning email.

I haven't downloaded P3Dv4 or it's parts for some time, but when I went to the LM store, there are two ways of getting to getting
    to your purchased downloads. On the right hand side are the usual spaces for e-mail and account password, but on the left hand
    side are spaces for License ID and License Password. Do you still have those? I used those and it took me directly to the P3Dv4
    downloads. I use IDM (Internet Download Manager), which can be set to download to where ever, and it looked like I could just
    use IDM to download. There didn't seem to be any specific e-mail login required through License ID and Password.

But going back to what I said earlier, have you tried just typing in your old email address in the Customer Account email space,
    and your account password, and seeing if it worked? As said, I don't know if the LM site actually pings that typed in email to see
    if it still works or is the same as the one being used.

Sorry, just some thoughts. I don't know if any of this is useful or not.

I recently had a problem where my card details changed for the monthly subscription. I was told to purchase again and I would get a new licence ID and password.

It may be similar for you if you are on the monthly subscription - you could cancel the payment and set it up again as a new purchase.

Licensing sent me my Activation Info, but now when I try to activate I get an "Error 9105_ The server cannot be reached. Verify that the computer is connected to the Internet, and that the firewall/proxy is set properly." There is a fix on the P3D Forums that involves opening a "host" file in notepad, removing any reference to Prepar3D and then saving the file. I can make the change in the file but it won't let me save it because I need "special permission". . .even though I log into Win10 as Administrator. Any other ideas?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0