Camera Movement In UI screen

Thread: Camera Movement In UI screen

Camera Movement In UI screen

Hi all, I note on some airbases you get a nice sweeping camera movement around your parked aircraft yet on others it just sits in the one place.

I have tried editing the facility file taxi path which moves the parked aircraft around but the camera still only shows the one angle.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on where/what to change to get a camera sweep for the airbases where the camera is stationary?

Thanks

Mick

The pregame section of the cutscenes.xml

p.s. That makes post number 3,000.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I found the issue with my PTO Solomans install with this hint from MajorMagee.
    The cutscenes xml file references various pregame xml files for each nationality, checking these I found various entries which were incorrect.

I Found in a few of the pregame xml's , some errors referencing a file (pregame_1_cam.m3d) that didn't exist, changed it to pregame_2_cam.m3d which is present in the animation folder.

<Camera Name="pregame_1_cam.m3d" FOV="45" PosZ="-13.5" PosX="7" PosY="0"/>

Then fixed up errors in some of the shot sections, more than one closing statement in some lines

<Camera Name="b_pregame_cam.m3d" FOV="45" PosZ="9" PosX="-10"/> PosY="1.5"/>

Next I matched the statement about frame numbers on the first line with the third line of the shot section

Original
    <Shot FirstFrame="375" LastFrame="712" FramePerSecond="30">
    <Camera Name="pregame_1_cam.m3d" FOV="45" PosZ="-13.5" PosX="7"/> PosY="0"/>
    <Animation Name="a_pregame_1.x" FirstFrame="1067" LastFrame="2051" PosZ="7" PosY="1.15" PosX="-10"/>
    </Shot>

Corrected
    <Shot FirstFrame="375" LastFrame="712" FramePerSecond="30">
    <Camera Name="pregame_2_cam.m3d" FOV="45" PosZ="-13.5" PosX="7"PosY="0"/>
    <Animation Name="a_pregame_1.x" FirstFrame="375" LastFrame="712" PosZ="7" PosY="1.15" PosX="-10"/>
    </Shot>

After fixing these errors in various pregame files, I now have working cameras for the UI screens in my Solomans install.
    Thanks for the help Major, congrats on the 3K posts too

Mick

Good work!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Good catch Mick!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Notice the same problem in CFS3 MAW with the UI camera views in some places. Only happens sometimes, though,even at the same airbase. Strange. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Notice the same problem in CFS3 MAW with the UI camera views in some places. Only happens sometimes, though,even at the same airbase. Strange. Regards,Scott
    Scott its the file ita_pregame_1.xml, I also found that one when I was checking all my installs.

If you open it you will see additional closing statements on 3 or 4 lines, if you dont know how to edit it yourself then try this file instead and see if that fixes the issue.

Go to your animation folder and rename your existing ita_pregame_1.xml to oldita_pregame_1.xml

Then unzip this file and drop into your animation folder.

Mick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a million Mick ! Very helpful. Regards,Scott

Your welcome mate

Mick

Members who have read this thread: 0