X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Great, I think it will be in Monday.
    Nice to see the new slider, the best option has P3D: bloom, saturation, gamma. Id like to see sharpen slider also.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Great, I think it will be in Monday.
    Nice to see the new slider, the best option has P3D: bloom, saturation, gamma. Id like to see sharpen slider also.
    Id love to have those slider controls. At least MSFS2020 doesn't have the XP11 haze issue lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Nice! The temperature spikes are the worst thing currently for me. Keeps you on your toes in the DC-6 maintaining the temperatures when there are sudden temperature differences in the OAT of about 40°C. Also the Ground texture LOD thing is very cool as I am currently doing a round trip around the US in the DC-6. Got a bit fudgy after SU5.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Creating this level of dissatisfactioin with thousands of users should not go unpunished. I suggest a leadership change at Asobo.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    Hot Fix to fix the Hot Fix.
    Are we going to later see a Hot Fix to fix the Hot Fix that fixed the Hot Fix which fixed the Hot Update?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It is very apparent that their Beta & Release Candidate Testing is less than adequate with so many of these issues slipping through. If they took their time to do the level of testing needed, they would save themselves a lot of time and money in getting it right and moving into another phase of planned upgrades. Just an observation, not bashing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It appears that they've taken a page from the Eagle Dynamics/DCS playbook and are using the customer base as Beta Testers. Sadly, this has become the industry standard now.
    I pass gas!

SOH-CM-2023
    It may be weeks, months or never for my problem to be fixed. I get a corrupted download that does not allow updating any world updates, does not allow shutting the sim down, or visiting certain places or have a CTD without having to reinstall the sim. I was concerned when purchasing the sim that I would be subject to the kind of problems we're having, a nightmare come true. ASOBO does have a detailed account of my problems and did respond with their standard reply. So now wait, wait, wait.......wait. So my level of dissatisfaction is extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    It appears that they've taken a page from the Eagle Dynamics/DCS playbook and are using the customer base as Beta Testers. Sadly, this has become the industry standard now.
    They actually did a beta period for Sim Update 5 - it was roughly a month. I had the opportunity to join, but opted to keep my stable version. I was still considered under the NDA because I had access to the beta subsection on the official forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    It may be weeks, months or never for my problem to be fixed. I get a corrupted download that does not allow updating any world updates, does not allow shutting the sim down, or visiting certain places or have a CTD without having to reinstall the sim. I was concerned when purchasing the sim that I would be subject to the kind of problems we're having, a nightmare come true. ASOBO does have a detailed account of my problems and did respond with their standard reply. So now wait, wait, wait.......wait. So my level of dissatisfaction is extreme.
    Have you tried posting at the official board? There are people there that have the ear of the dev's, so you might be able to get an answer.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand.
    What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...
    I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is.
    One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..
    Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lol
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Wellspoken Lord Heywooood !

Lets all take this Precious Sim on a Holy Quest and fly to the Black Land of Mordor, navigate to Amon Amarth known as Mount Doom and dump this Precious Sim into the Sammath Naur also known as the Chambers of Fire where the Dark Lord Asobo together with the even Darker Lord MS forged this godforsaken Precious Sim.

Only then we'll sleep peacefully again.

Something of a case where ambition overcomes ability.
    I'm not flying it that much, P3D keeps me entertained for now.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Lets all take this Precious Sim on a Holy Quest and fly to the Black Land of Mordor, navigate to Amon Amarth known as Mount Doom and dump this Precious Sim into the Sammath Naur also known as the Chambers of Fire where the Dark Lord Asobo together with the even Darker Lord MS forged this godforsaken Precious Sim.
    Only then we'll sleep peacefully again.
    That's funny 😂😂😂
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand.
    What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...
    I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is.
    One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..
    Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lol
    Yep. And a hot fix will not fix the hot mess. Glad I did not invest in MSFS. I'll stick with FSX for now and maybe, although FSX works well for me, jump to P3D.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Have tried going into the Apps page of Win 10 and try fixing, resetting, or deleting MSFS. If you delete it or perhaps even reset, you will have to go into the Games store and redownload everything. I had to do this once, but it fixed MSFS.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Blog Entries
    "Well said, Brain," states Pinky.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    They actually did a beta period for Sim Update 5 - it was roughly a month. I had the opportunity to join, but opted to keep my stable version. I was still considered under the NDA because I had access to the beta subsection on the official forum.

Have you tried posting at the official board? There are people there that have the ear of the dev's, so you might be able to get an answer.

How do I get to the official board?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Have tried going into the Apps page of Win 10 and try fixing, resetting, or deleting MSFS. If you delete it or perhaps even reset, you will have to go into the Games store and redownload everything. I had to do this once, but it fixed MSFS.
    I 've reinstalled several times, over 6. Each time the World update 1 for Japan shows an ERROR 3 message.

I 've reinstalled several times, over 6. Each time the World update 1 for Japan shows an ERROR 3 message.
    Got the same error:3
    Seems reporting it at zendesk is the ticket as they have to manually change some settings in your account.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...or-3/427566/32
    Mathias

MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand. What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is. One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lol
    The one sim as you say is what broke it. The merging of Xbox and PC functionality needed a lot more testing. I say hot fix the managment. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I love seeing people who are completely ignorant to the woes of game development on a scale as massive as MSFS make baseless assumptions about Asobo's intentions or priorities and even their staffing structure.

You just come across as an ignorant ******* when you say dumb things like "it's a management issue" when in reality you have no idea what you are talking about, because if you did you would realize the "management" are people like Jorg Neumann and Seb Wloch, two very experienced and capable industry veterans who are just as passionate about aviation and flight simulation as you and I. Their resumes speak for themselves, but hey, random guy with an internet connection and no clue, you know better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    the "management" are people like Jorg Neumann and Seb Wloch, two very experienced and capable industry veterans who are just as passionate about aviation and flight simulation as you and I. Their resumes speak for themselves, but hey, random guy with an internet connection and no clue, you know better, right?
    Well said, sir. Asobo Studios and Xbox Game Studios have just launched MSFS on Xbox X and S, technically two different platforms. So they're now developing MSFS for PC/Windows 10, Xbox X and S - three platforms. When Windows 11 is launched, maybe four?
    They have to start somewhere, and it makes perfect sense to start with all three current platforms being equal.
    Nothing in MSFS is set in stone, all of this is subject to change for the next ten years and it will all balance out eventually.
    I own a mid-range PC and an Xbox Series X so it's a win-win situation for me - I'd advise all MSFS simmers to do the same.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Got the same error:3
    Seems reporting it at zendesk is the ticket as they have to manually change some settings in your account.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...or-3/427566/32
    This looks promising if Zendesk will respond. Will send another ticket soon. Hope this resolves your problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Members who have read this thread: 0