P3dv4.5 and V5 on separate drives?

Thread: P3dv4.5 and V5 on separate drives?

P3dv4.5 and V5 on separate drives?

I am almost afraid to even state that my 4.5 is running great, for fear of jinxing myself. I did a clean reinstall of Win 10, and managed to eliminate a lot of Bloatware that comes with Windows, using a freeware program called Bloatbox. I had previously read only a little about the process before, but it most DEFINITELY sped things up! I am still in the process of getting my controllers configured, but all this to ask....... If I install P3DV5 on a separate drive, will it cause conflicts? The very last thing I need right now, after over two full days, until late at night, I have been doing everything I can to get things back up and running.

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am almost afraid to even state that my 4.5 is running great, for fear of jinxing myself. I did a clean reinstall of Win 10, and managed to eliminate a lot of Bloatware that comes with Windows, using a freeware program called Bloatbox. I had previously read only a little about the process before, but it most DEFINITELY sped things up! I am still in the process of getting my controllers configured, but all this to ask....... If I install P3DV5 on a separate drive, will it cause conflicts? The very last thing I need right now, after over two full days, until late at night, I have been doing everything I can to get things back up and running.

NC
    Can't speak for V5 but I have a similar situation where I run P3D V3 on a separate drive from P3D V4.5 and no conflicts to report. P3D will use your C:/users/documents folder to place the relevant items
    required or installed from both sims. That they have in common. So I would say you should not have any conflicts in that regard based on my situation. Both sims will create a P3V4 and P3DV5 folder
    and place what ever is needed or installed/related to those sims.

EDIT: I watched a demo of the bloatware program, looks nice but with my luck I'd most likely remove something that was not bloatware and once that is done you can't undo it.
    But I do make full and differential backups.

They are independent from each other so you can install them anywhere Chief.

I run both P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.2 on the same drive -- without any issues.

Dave

Thank you all for your replies! It's always good to get advice from others (for me, anyway!) before installing and potentially making a mistake! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thank you all for your replies! It's always good to get advice from others (for me, anyway!) before installing and potentially making a mistake! NC
    Just remember not to accept the default installation path. Stay out of Program Files or Program Files (x86) at all costs.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Just remember not to accept the default installation path. Stay out of Program Files or Program Files (x86) at all costs.

Dave
    I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of P3D both of which use either the Program Files or the Program Files X86 path and both function just fine. I don't use the C:/ drive for either however, both
    sims will spot their addons in the C:/users/documents/P3Daddons folders accordingly.
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 6th, 2021 at 13:45.

Members who have read this thread: 0