OT: EF Typhoon

Thread: OT: EF Typhoon

OT: EF Typhoon

I know this isn't MSFS but I also know there are A LOT of EF Typhoon lovers in this crowd. In case you missed it, because it was posted under an innocuous title of "Heatblur Roadmap" in the other forum. Here's the announcement trailer.

https://youtu.be/eODFQSboBxg
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks for the HU. And indeed, as you rightly say, DCS isn't MSFS. A couple of days ago, I tried out DCS again, and it was a disappointment. Terrain graphics are cartoonish at best.

I gues that those of us who went for MSFS are spoiled. No sim comes close in the graphics department.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

This would be a better place to share the link...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...mbat-Simulator

I'm waiting for Dino to get his Typhoon into the sim. I flew the wings off of it in Prepared. But we're getting the F-35s first; no complaints on my part.

I understand there's DCS Forum. The point is that there's a lot people in this Forum who are interested in the EF Typhoon who wouldn't open up the DCS forum because it has the plague apparently. It was just a friendly HU for those die hard EF Typhoon folks; so they could skip the DCS forum and just watch the video. It's not a 'this sim is better than that sim' post. I thought the video was a great video of real time play and wanted to share it with others who would enjoy it as well. As a side -- I also own and operate MSFS.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Thanks for the HU. And indeed, as you rightly say, DCS isn't MSFS. A couple of days ago, I tried out DCS again, and it was a disappointment. Terrain graphics are cartoonish at best.

I gues that those of us who went for MSFS are spoiled. No sim comes close in the graphics department.

Priller

I barely look out the window in DCS , and if I do I'm either looking at the sky searching for another plane or the ground trying to spot a ground target. I don't even turn my terrain graphics up much, to leave more performance space for instruments, sensors, flight dynamics and VR. For the most part DCS is heavily study level, so especially in the more modern jets you will be spending a lot of time head down. The water on the other hand is spectacular in DCS, so it's great flying off a carrier.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

If I offended anyone of the DCS crowd/community, then I appologize.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I am not offended in the least.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries

Priller
    I think the graphics are at least, if not better, than the P3D graphics. I rarely have time to admire the terrain features. I am too busy looking for bandits. The ONLY time I have not gotten shot down in DCS is this P-47 Quick action where I get to ground attack APCs with no German aircraft looking to shoot me down. In most of these quick actions I am hosed before I can find the weapons ARM switch.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

You don't need terrain graphics when killing Ruskies.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

If I offended anyone of the DCS crowd/community, then I appologize.

Cheers,

Priller

No, not offended at all here. We all have our preferences and opinions, so no one is wrong or right.

Happy flying!

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 0