NVidia 471.41 Driver

Thread: NVidia 471.41 Driver

Blog Entries

NVidia 471.41 Driver

I run an i9-10900 with a RTX 2070S GPU. I also use a Reverb G2 VR headset to fly. Yesterday, I was flying the P-40 around Denver-Boulder area and getting around 25 fps in VR and most of the settings at high. These settings and fps gave me a fairly smooth and enjoyable experience.

Today, I saw a couple threads on the MS Flight simulator forum where people were having good success with th2 new 471.41 driver. Since I was using a 459.xx driver, I decided to try out the new NVidia driver. After installing and rebooting my fps jumped to between 30-35 using the same settings.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I run an i9-10900 with a RTX 2070S GPU. I also use a Reverb G2 VR headset to fly. Yesterday, I was flying the P-40 around Denver-Boulder area and getting around 25 fps in VR and most of the settings at high. These settings and fps gave me a fairly smooth and enjoyable experience.

Today, I saw a couple threads on the MS Flight simulator forum where people were having good success with th2 new 471.41 driver. Since I was using a 459.xx driver, I decided to try out the new NVidia driver. After installing and rebooting my fps jumped to between 30-35 using the same settings.
    Thanks for the HU John.

I haven't updated my drivers in a while seeing as I like you run a 20 series card I didn't think it was worth it as the newer one would probably be mostly tweaked for the 30 series card.

I'll have to give the new ones a try.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks! Downloading now.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Well, this driver won't cooperate. It downloads, but I get "An error occurred" when I click the install button. Oh well, IIABDFI...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom,

Is that when you're downloading through Geforce Experience? Do a manual download. I had the same error, downloaded manually and did a clean install of the drivers (you'll have to redo the settings all over again).

No more problems. Nvidia Geforce Experience seems to be another piece of "bloatware"... They all do it nowadays.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

These aren't good for me, I don't get a stutter as such but more of a slight jitter when moving my head in VR.

Only problem is like an idiot I forget to make a note of what version I was using before and I did a clean install so can't just roll back .
    Anyone know where on my system I might be able to find out what my old version was ?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Tom,

Is that when you're downloading through Geforce Experience? Do a manual download. I had the same error, downloaded manually and did a clean install of the drivers (you'll have to redo the settings all over again).

No more problems. Nvidia Geforce Experience seems to be another piece of "bloatware"... They all do it nowadays.

Priller
    I actually like the GFX, since I use it to display frames in a way that doesn't spoil the sim, and it also captures screenies without that overlay. I found a thread on Reddit that said updating GFX to the current version fixed that user's problem, and it did the same for me. The updated GFX installed the driver just fine.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    These aren't good for me, I don't get a stutter as such but more of a slight jitter when moving my head in VR.

Only problem is like an idiot I forget to make a note of what version I was using before and I did a clean install so can't just roll back .
    Anyone know where on my system I might be able to find out what my old version was ?

Always better to remove all parts of "old" driver before installing the new one. Perfect for this is DDU:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

I use it always before installation of the new drivers. I also don't advise you to use NVidia Experience, just necessarily drivers (driver, PhysX and possibly HD sound driver, thats all)*.

*Advanced option.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

Would it be in your Downloads folder? I looked at my folder. it looks like the one I was using before was 460.70
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Would it be in your Downloads folder? I looked at my folder. it looks like the one I was using before was 460.70
    True if it is a manual download, but if you download/install via GeForce Experience, it's in the temp folder until you clean your temp files.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I think I worked it out just racking my brain, I remember that they were from very early in the year and when I looked up older drivers 461.72 rings a bell and that's February's which sound about right so I'm going to give them a try.

Note to self for future reference. Always make a note of the old version before updating.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56