Is there a way to run FS2020 without installing SU5?

Thread: Is there a way to run FS2020 without installing SU5?

Is there a way to run FS2020 without installing SU5?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" the sim is running perfectly fine, and I see no reason to install this. I'm on the Steam version.
    Project Consultant - Luft'46 Design Team

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Eagle_571 View Post
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" the sim is running perfectly fine, and I see no reason to install this. I'm on the Steam version.
    You can disconnect the internet or run a firewall and temporarily disable msfs from going online. Steam will start in offline mode and msfs wont be able to connect ( MSfs doesnt care if steam is online or offline it is a separate process ). It works on steam well enough, some ( I am one ) have noticed that almost every 45 seconds there's a stutter. This is MSfs trying to get on the internet its the handshake between timewait/established/failure to the akamai and amazon AWS web services. If you are only testing it isnt an issue but might be super annoying should you want to fly. Test it out you might be one of the lucky ones that this stutter doesnt happen to.

However eventually you will need to update. Hold off as long as you can as there are a large number of people having issues ( I am ) with CTD at the fly now button. You can find that out on steam forum as well as the official forum. I cant elaborate any further at the risk of sounding uncivil, but with a large sector of the PC market having the same issue I suspect there maybe a further patch in the pipeline.

Hope this helps.

You can only run without updates if you never go online. The reason that the updates are mandatory (my theory anyway) is that there has to be compatibility with their end of the online data exchange.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0