Cal Fire Air Attack Bases

Thread: Cal Fire Air Attack Bases

Cal Fire Air Attack Bases

Since Scorch and crew have done so much with the aerial fire fighting aircraft I’m going to start a scenery project to upgrade all 13 Cal Fire bases to match Google Earth. Wish me luck! I will keep updating as I go!

I'm really excited for this That's no easy feat you're attempting. I really hope it goes well! Us fire aviation guys need our base scenery! There's very few addon scenery overhauls that include even a semi-detailed tanker bases at the airports they exist at. Forget about stock, most of them just added a concreted apron or something similar. Payware usually are the only ones that have them, Orbx comes to mind. I think I've specifically got Medford Scenery, Redding Scenery, and Prescott Scenery specifically because they actually modeled at least some semblance of tanker bases and their associated pits.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

I do have Orbx Northern & Southern Ca. installed, so that is my starting point. MAIW objects will be added to bring the airports up to standard. And just to be clear, even Orbx didn't do anything to half of the airports. I will note the Orbx updated, and the default upgraded as I finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    I do have Orbx Northern & Southern Ca. installed, so that is my starting point. MAIW objects will be added to bring the airports up to standard. And just to be clear, even Orbx didn't do anything to half of the airports. I will note the Orbx updated, and the default upgraded as I finish.
    That is true. It's still pretty sparse. Every so often you get a golden nugget as I say lol. Do happen to know where/what base you're starting at?

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    That is true. It's still pretty sparse. Every so often you get a golden nugget as I say lol. Do happen to know where/what base you're starting at?
    Rohnerville, KFOT
    Virtual Cal Fire Air Attack Bases | Facebook
    Last edited by Corvette99; July 31st, 2021 at 07:06.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-7-31_7-47-28-628.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	570.7 KB 
ID:	83797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-7-31_7-51-16-441.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	439.6 KB 
ID:	83798
    Orbx actually nailed it at Rohnerville. Traffic added and looks just like Google Earth. Follow along at my new facebook page, Virtual Cal Fire Air Attack Bases | Facebook, if you like.

Looking forward to this. I live in Escondido and get down to Ramona at least once a month and out to the airport. Less often to Hemet but about once a quarter.

Members who have read this thread: 2